applying blushcreme

MACaddict08

So I just ordered Maidenchant Blushcreme from the Lure collection. I was so excited to get it that after I sent my order in I realized I really have nothing to apply it with except my fingers. Is that ok? or does it work better with a brush? I don't have much money to spend on brushes, etc. so the only MAC brushes I have are the ones from the holiday collection this past christmas. So I would LOVE any suggestions you lovely people have!
smiles.gif
THANKS

Shavwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaddict08
So I just ordered Maidenchant Blushcreme from the Lure collection. I was so excited to get it that after I sent my order in I realized I really have nothing to apply it with except my fingers. Is that ok? or does it work better with a brush? I don't have much money to spend on brushes, etc. so the only MAC brushes I have are the ones from the holiday collection this past christmas. So I would LOVE any suggestions you lovely people have!
smiles.gif
THANKS

I apply maidenchant with my normal blush brush - I think it's a Sonia Kashuk one from Target. I just dab it in and the perfect amount comes on the brush. It works really well. I find that cream blushes don't look as well when applied with fingers (at least on me - they never blend well). For all my other cream blushes I use a Paula Dorf Cream Blush Brush or my foundation brush, it's just that Maidenchant is so glittery that it looks awful on me applied with anything other than a fluffy brush. HTH!

bront82

in my mac masterclass i asked the same thing, what she suggested, and i have used ever since is the 109 - my new favorite brush. i adore it, and it is very often overlooked. great consistency and allows a firm but solid application. try it, you too will be amazed!

ps - its uses are numerous, see also studio fix fluid

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bront82
in my mac masterclass i asked the same thing, what she suggested, and i have used ever since is the 109 - my new favorite brush. i adore it, and it is very often overlooked. great consistency and allows a firm but solid application. try it, you too will be amazed!

I also use the 109 for blush cream I love it
smiles.gif
and I just got it today but before hand I did use my fingers and that works fine too.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaddict08
I really have nothing to apply it with except my fingers. Is that ok? or does it work better with a brush?

Of course! Fingers are ideal for creme blush, especially the more sheer formulations - you can really build up the colour and have lovely flushed cheeks. Just make sure your hands are clean first, you don't want any nasties in your product.
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:

It is overlooked. I went in to MAC asking about SFF and she suggested the 109. I tried it and it's not really for me with SFF, love the 187 for that, but it is my favorite blush brush. Haven't tried with blushcreme but I do use if for powder blush and MSFs.

bellaetoile

i use the 192, the 187, a smashbox foundation brush, or a dampened latex wedge. the dampened latex wedge works surprisingly well, applying the product really sheer, and giving a light, glowing look. the flirt skunk brush actually works quite well, too. its smaller, and gives a more controlled application. i never liked the flirt brush for foundation or MSFs, but find its great for blushcremes.

amy_forster

I use my fingers or my 187 but I tried it with a 109 and its fab!!! Thats the next brush on my list, definitely!!!

JMKess

I use my fingers...I just dab it on...It works well for me, but this 109 brush sounds great!

Luxurious

i only use my fingers and that's pretty good. so i dont think i will buy a brush only because of my blushcreme. i heard you can use 190, 192 and 187 but i dont want to use them for my blushcreme(s)
smiles.gif

electrostars

I just bought my first blushcreme the other day and I haven't used it yet, but the MA said a blush brush works fine..
My friend Katy told me to ebay a clinique or estee lauder gwp brush to use for it. So I did. I got a three piece estee lauder GWP brush set for $4.50 after s/h on ebay. woo!

bellezzadolce

Quote:

So true, we don't sell th 109 at my counter but I wish we did. I went to the MAC store in Nashville and one of my co-wokers suggested it and I use it all the time.

lianna

The MAC 187 brush is perfect for this, even beats using your fingers. It applied the blushcremes very sheerly so it looks really natural and you can always layer it for more intensity.

dollbabybex

i either use my foundation brush or a blush brush, but then blend with my fingers...

im really rubbish at putting it on with just fingers!!

both are mac brushes but im in work and cant remember the number brushes i use!!

prob the same as what people have already mentioned tho
smiles.gif

emeraldjewels

Okay, so I just had a disaster applying blushcreme with my 187. I don't know why, I think I may have swirled the brush in the pan too much cause I actually looked like a clown. lol!

I was thinking of getting the 109, but for now i'll try my fingers tomorrow.