Applying Cream Blush

Classic Beauty

Can someone explain to me how to apply a cream blush? I always seem to use too much product. Do you have to use a foundation with a cream blush, because I dont use foundation (although, maybe I should look into that).

tanni

Try applying a small amount and spreading that around with your fingertips, and then see where that leaves you. If you want more, apply more, but remember to always blend into your skin very well, making sure definit lines around your blush don't exist.

I'm not a big fan of cream blush, personally. However, I did own a pot of cream blush once and used it for a while. I always applied it underneath my foundation, because, at least on my skin, my foundation made it look more naturall. I understand if you don't want to use a foundation, I find that alot of women actually hate it. (Even if they do wear it! Hah) If you are going to go for a foundation, however, go to MAC or another department store brand where they can match the foundation *pefectly*. My MAC foundation is like my skin in a bottle. Hopefully this helped you some!

crazyinlove

I was always rubbish at applying cream blush. I recently got the MAC 187 brush in one of the mini sets and it's fab for applying cream blush.

I just tap it into my blushcreme and stipple it onto my cheeks, it gives a wonderful finish i'm so pleased i can finally apply it
smiles.gif

medusalox

I'd use my 187, but I use my 187 for MSFs and I dont' wanna clean it every single day
smiles.gif
So, I just use my fingers. I just get a tiny, tiny amount on my ring finger, and tap it onto my cheeks gently, and then use my middle finger to smoosh it all around and blend it in
smiles.gif
Use wayyyy less than you'd think you'd need, that stuff has good mileage on it.

Chloe2277

I love cream blush! It gives such a nice dewy finish that you can't get with regular powder blush. I use my 129 brush and find that it works great and I've used it both with foundation and on bare skin.

geeko

i agreed with what others have said. the 187 is great for applying cream blush. what i do is i swirl my 187 in circular motion on the blush pan and than apply it onto the face.

The result is a natural and healthy looking flush.

Alternatively, as what others have mentioned u can use your fingers to dab/tap the cream blush over the face. Before dabbing though, tap a bit on your hand to tap off a bit of color, so that you won't over apply it on your face.

Do not use rubbing motion to apply the blushcream as it will result in an uneven application. This was what one MAC MA told me. Hope this helps.

jenii

I don't wear foundation, and I use a cream blush. I apply it with my fingers.

You could get a color like Lilicent, which is what I use. It's subtle, so it's hard to overdo it. Well, it's easy to overdo if you're using a brush, which is why I use my fingers for cream products.