Applying e/s or pigment wet?

Tonitra

I've been wanting to try this for sometime but am not sure how. Do I need some sort of mixing medium for the pigments beyond plain water? And do you just get the brush wet for e/s? I'm afraid that that will damage my eye shadow by getting it damp.
I'd really appreciate feed back on this, thanks!

laurenmo88

when i apply eye shadow wet, im usually just doing it w/ my angle brush so i jsut dip it in water and then stroke it onto the eye shadow, it will not ruin the shadow at all

Tonitra

Thanks-that is what I was most worried about, that the damp would change the texture of my precious eye shadows, or something like that.

cyens

Your not suposed to use your e/s wet. Its not good for your e/s to put any foreign liquids in em'

TRES TEAL

basically what you are looking to do by applying shadaow wet is making it more vibrant and adhere better. but if you use a base like mac paint or some cream eyeshadow, it does the same thing . a lot of people wet eyeshadow, but i often hear you arent supposed to. pigments on the other hand, just dampen the brush and dip it in the pigment and it will be fine.

moonrevel

Sometimes putting a wet brush right into shadow can change the texture of the top it, so I usually load up both sides of my 242 with shadow or Pigment and then either spray it with Fix + or put a drop of water based Mixing Medium on the brush before applying.

Tonitra

Thanks for the additional info... I do use Bare Canvas Paint every day, but kind of wanted to experiment to see if using my pigments/ eyeshadows wet would make them even more vibrant.

Latest posts