applying eyeshadow evenly to both eyes

daniela921

hello all,

i seem to have a problem that when i apply eyeshadow to one eye i cant do it the same way on the other eye!! i can master the look well on the left eye but when i try the right eye it never comes out perfectly even like the left side! can anyone help? i see that all you guys do great make-up so i was just wondering if anyone can help me out!!

Kristal

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Do you apply the colors equally at the same time or do one eye completely and then the other? It works best for me if I add the colors to both eyes right after each other, then it looks more balanced. If I do one eye completely and then the other, the look can be hard to replicate.

exactly!
smiles.gif

nunu

i agree with frocher, thats what i do too.
when im done applying the first colour to my right eye i turn to the left eye and do the same, etc.
hope this helps.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Do you apply the colors equally at the same time or do one eye completely and then the other? It works best for me if I add the colors to both eyes right after each other, then it looks more balanced. If I do one eye completely and then the other, the look can be hard to replicate.

this is what i do as well
smiles.gif

I still get some issues with areas not being identical (but this gets better with practice), and it is much, much easier to gauge how even an application is when you're comparing it to to the other eye in the same state.

Jot

As above and also it might have something to do with the light in the room and how shadows fall. Its worth checking in another mirror if you can as what looks even in the bathroom for example might look different in the bedroom light!

pahblov

Try starting with the eye that is most difficult for you. For example, I'm right handed, so I'll do every step on the left eye first, and then my right eye, because it's much easier for me to emulate the shape I've already made on my left eye, with my stronger side than the other way around.

soblonde

that is a great idea! I have never thought of doing that... it makes perfect sense tho. thank you!

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahblov
Try starting with the eye that is most difficult for you.

That was going to be my suggestion too.
smiles.gif
I find my left eye more tricky as I'm right-handed so I start on the left and then match that shape on the right eye as I find it far more 'controllable'.

mariecinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahblov
Try starting with the eye that is most difficult for you. For example, I'm right handed, so I'll do every step on the left eye first, and then my right eye, because it's much easier for me to emulate the shape I've already made on my left eye, with my stronger side than the other way around.

I never thought of doing it like that! The problem is I'm so used to doing my right eye first that I don't think I can conditon myself to start with the other eye!

lethaldesign

It could also have to do with the angle you are applying each eye at. For example, I tend to lean in over my cabinet sink facing toward the right into the medicine cabinet mirror on the wall. Because of the way my body is positioned, I'm applying the shadow at a different angle for each eye, causing them to be uneven &I'm constantly correcting it. I realized this was the problem when I was at a friends house using her vanity mirror. I'm definitely going to invest in one of those!