Applying Liquid eyeliner to waterline?

Baby Mac

Hello
Im very new at using make up...can i apply liquid eyeliner to my waterline?
Does this give a more sopphisticated look than a pencil?

Thanks for any advice you can offer
th_DANCE.gif

frocher

I think pencil looks better. I think liquid has a tendency to looks harsh on the waterline.

k.a.t

I like the "harsh" look but i also like the soft smudgy look penci gives although i personally don't use liquid in my water line as im too scared it's going to smudge terribly :S

aziajs

I have tried using liquid liner on my waterline and it smudged terribly. It ran into my eye and it took me 10 minutes to get it all cleaned up. I'd stick to the pencil.

Amaranth

It depends on which liquid liner you are using, because some are not safe to put on the waterline. I believe MAC's LiquidLast is not safe for the waterline (could be wrong, please correct me if I am), and neither is their Fluidline (not exactly liquid, but...yeah). In my experience it's more trouble than it's worth, I have to peel my eyelid away from my eye until it dries or else it like, osmoses with my eye juices so my eye is full of black eyeliner. I also like the harsh look, so I just use MAC PowerPoint pencil with some Carbon eyeshadow on top.

Kiseki

Guerlain's Eye Kohl is far safer and looks a as intense as liquid eyeliner would.

Liquidlast, Fluidline and Powerpoint are not waterline safe.