Applying Paint Pots

Ang9000

I just got Rollickin' p/p & I love the colour. I used a brush similar to MAC's 242 to apply it, but it ended up looking kind of patchy. When I'm swiping the brush over my lid, it seems to kind of rub off the colour in places.

Is there a trick to using paint pots?

MacArtist

I dab my middle finger from my right hand into the pot and using a swirling motion I transfer it to the middle finger of my left hand (this helps to warm it up and make it more emollient). I apply it with my fingers to my eyelid.

Caramel_QT

I spotted some brushes the other day in the drugstore that are specifically for cream shadows. I thought they may be good for paint pots. I'm new to paint pots (I only have Rubenesque and a sample of Bare Study), so I'm still trying to find out how to apply them myself. I've been using my fingers, but I don't get good colour payoff/transfer this way.

Hilly

I use my finger for bare study and rubenesque, but for delft (or darker colors) I use a 239.

beauty_marked

I use my ring finger (Sanitized of course) or a brush that i got from Michaels thats similar to the 318 which sounds weird because the 318 is a lip brush. But the brush i have from Michaels (being that its a paint brush) gets just the right amount of product and a very nice even distribution.

foomph

I use a concealer brush to apply it to the lid and smooth it out with my ring finger.

lindsay_lu

actually, i went in and asked my mac ma exactly this question, and here's what she said/did:
she said to get a proper wash of colour, to use a fluffy brush - she used the 217 and put it on with a sort of circular motion, not a brushing back and forth. she built up the colour gradually like this and got a much better coverage than i could (using fafi nice vice).
hope this helps x

jolener

i use the 242, or concealer brushes, i tend to put hte colour on the middle of the lid first then blend it out evenly. then blend out the edges with the 223, which is synthetic so it works good
greengrin.gif

AndyLuvsMAC

me 2! i just got rollickin i love it! if u think paint pots are hard try working with paints. i regret buying it in this version. paint pots are much different and easier. but yea use a fingertip, then when u feel the stuff gettin creamy u could use a brush for more precise application like in the inner corner or something. hope this helped!

gigglegirl

wow a 217 for paints, lol I love using it to blend so I'm thinking I may want another one! I should definitely try this out first.

I like just using a little eyeshadow brush like the 242.

glamqueen1

I bought some dome-shaped synthetic brushes in different sizes at an arts-supply shop. They cost almost nothing! I swirl them around in the pot and paint it on, it takes seconds to get an even layer and the dome-shape helps to get into every corner of the eyelid. Synthetic brushes are good because they don´t absorb anything of the cream paint.