applying pressed powder with a brush?

divaster

I'm really a dunce when it comes to brushes (and to be honest, even about makeup to some degree!!), so I apologize for that in advance.

I purchased some Hyper real powder at the pro store, and I'm not really liking it all that much. The main reason for this is that it's pressed. Yeah, I knew that when I bought it, but the guy was like "oh, just try it, you'll love it, if not you can bring it back". Well, the truth of the matter is I'm too lazy to bring it back to the pro store, so....

is it possible, or does it make any sense to use a brush to apply pressed powder instead of that pad that comes in there? If so, can you recommend which type? I'll be going to MAC tomorrow for the rest of my A Muse stuff, and I could check them out then if anyone has any suggestions tonight.

thanks guys!

caffn8me

Yes, I almost always use a brush to apply pressed powders. The 129 brush is good for general coverage but for hyper-real powders you may want to use a smaller powder prush to put the powder precisely where you want it. A little can go a long way!

user79

I like the 182 kabuki for ALL powder products! It's my fav brush hands down. Unfortunately it's limited edition, BUT - it's coming back! With the Avant Gold collection in August. I would hold out and get that one.

divaster

Thanks you too. I'll take a peek at the brushes tomorrow, but I do plan on going in next week for AG, so I can wait until then to make a decision.

lara

Of course you can apply pressed pwoder with a brush! The flat pad in the compact is more for on-the-run touch-ups or if you like a super matte, very powdered look.
smiles.gif

caffn8me

To be honest, I've only ever used a brush for Hyperreal powders. I haven't tried the supplied pad at all! Have fun
smiles.gif

Latest posts