Archetype Cosmetics

Echinea

I ordered from Archetype Cosmetics in September 2008 after reading some favourable reviews online (not on Specktra). Now it's been 6 months and I have still not recieved anything. I have sent several emails, all I get is a reply from someone who calls herself Kelli asking me to wait and/or saying she will speak with Holly about my order and see if there is anything they can do and she will then email me back, which she never does. It makes me really furious.

That was $35 I could have spent on one of the other MMU-companies I have had several good shopping-experiences with (Aromaleigh, Everyday Minerals, Fyrinnae, The She Space...)

Flowitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echinea
I ordered from Archetype Cosmetics in September 2008 after reading some favourable reviews online (not on Specktra). Now it's been 6 months and I have still not recieved anything. I have sent several emails, all I get is a reply from someone who calls herself Kelli asking me to wait and/or saying she will speak with Holly about my order and see if there is anything they can do and she will then email me back, which she never does. It makes me really furious. Archetype Cosmetics is clearly a con.

That was $35 I could have spent on one of the other MMU-companies I have had several good shopping-experiences with (Aromaleigh, Everyday Minerals, Fyrinnae, The She space...)

Trude

That stinks. I've heard about their bad timing for shipping on another forum too. Looks like it takes them a lot more to ship intl, even the domestic clients get their items after few months. Whatever, but if they really want to up their business, they should pick up the pace. This looked like the old fyrinnae before, but at least Fyrinnae answer emails when sent several times and they don't bother answering any potential clients' .. Tsk, I've ordered from a lot mentioned and they all arrive within a timely manner - within a month.

Echinea

I don't think this is a matter of me having to wait a really long time for my order, I think I'm not ever going to get anything.

It is especially annoying that since I placed my order she has produced at least two limited editions and several permanent pigments the last time I checked the website... This she has time to do while at the same time not properly answering my emails. I have asked politely if and when my order shipped out, and it is impossible to get an answer other than "I will speak to Holly about your order...". I'm guessing no package was ever sent to me.

Oh well...

Edit:
When I posted in this thread 3 days ago I also sent one last mail to Archetype Cosmetics regarding my order. Two days later, yesterday, I recieved an email offering me a refund, and today the money was refunded to my PayPal account.

mdjmsj

I just placed an order with them today through paypal...hopefully I'll receive it eventually-she really does make some lovely colors.

leah2412

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
You know, from the time I first ordered, I noticed that she had posted updates on the site on what date she had shipped orders through. The last time it was updated was MAY 19th!! And, that was for orders placed through April 19th!!! WTF!! That's been almost a whole month ago. It's been a month and a half since I placed my order. I really want the stuff I ordered so I'm not going to dispute it yet, but if my stuff hasn't gotten here by the end of the month I want my money back.

Hi, I realize I am a little behind, but I was hoping I could get some answers from other customers. I placed my order on 3/20, which will be eight weeks ago exactly on Friday 5/15/09. I am starting to get a little worried because I have waited very patiently and have send an email every two or three weeks to check on the status of my order. They do reply within a day or two, which I am glad for, since so many of you have had so many problems. Every time they remind me that their shipping time is 6-8 weeks. I've got that by now - I can read the site! They have not updated their shipping info since the beginning of the year, which is frustrating. One of them, Holly I think, said she would let me know when my order goes out but so far, nada. Has anyone actually NOT received their order? I am really tired of waiting and didn't actually think that I would have to wait two months to get my order since so many online companies exaggerate their shipping time. If I don't hear from the on the 8 weeks mark I'm definitely filing a claim with paypal. Their colors seem so beautiful and unique, but it's not worth it to have to worry about if you're going to get what you paid for or not two months down the road. Any and all thoughts would be much appreciated!

frankenkitty71

I placed an order Feb. 7th 2009. I still don't have my order! I have rec'd a couple email answers to my questions but still no package. Three weeks ago she said Feb. orders had been filled and sent out so I should be getting it soon. STILL NO PACKAGE!!!! I sent email threatening legal action if I don't get my order by Friday this week. I want my order so bad! I am very mad!!!

frankenkitty71

Archetype got back to me today and said that my package was sent out some time ago and that they will go to work today to find out when exactly it was sent. All they said was they will take it from there once they find out when they supposedly sent it. I don't know why they don't just refill it a nd resend it right now because it is obviously lost at this point. Their web site even says they don't ever send packages with delivery confirmation and if a package isn't received they just refill it. I know their products are quality but their customer service is THE WORST! I will NEVER order anything from them again!!!

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenkitty71
I placed an order Feb. 7th 2009. I still don't have my order! I have rec'd a couple email answers to my questions but still no package. Three weeks ago she said Feb. orders had been filled and sent out so I should be getting it soon. STILL NO PACKAGE!!!! I sent email threatening legal action if I don't get my order by Friday this week. I want my order so bad! I am very mad!!!

I really don't know what to tell you. Their TAT is really the WORST ever!
I had an order last year and I received it really fast, it took only a month but every order after that time was sent like 2 months after it has been placed.
shockt.gif

And this is taking like, about a year already and nothing still hasn't changed.
ssad.gif

I was hoping she'll get faster or something because I really wanted to place another order, but seems that won't be possible so soon.
nope.gif

LiAnn

I ordered from them back in May, and emailed them at three weeks asking if they'd received the full order. No response. I emailed again a week later, and still no response.

At seven weeks I filed a claim with PP. I expect to get a refund at some point.

It's sad, because not only was I looking forward to these samples, she lives just the next county over from me. I could probably **drive** there and pick up my order...assuming it was ready.

It sounds like she's past the point where she needs to expand her business and bring on some assistants - in the order-fulfillment department, at least. Maybe in a year I'll check back and see if there's been any improvement and try placing my order again if things appear to have improved at all. (Though how I'll check on any supposed improvement, I have no idea...)

Just wanted to post I did get my order awhile ago. Well worth the wait for generous samples at only 25 cents. I got a ton of samples for under 15 bucks and don't know of any other MMU company that has samples this cheap. Since they are upfront about the wait time and if you aren't too impatient, it'll be well worth it
smiles.gif
They are definitely in my top 3 for unique, gorgeous colors along with aromaleigh and fyrinnae
smiles.gif

Oh also if you are trying to get into contact with her, depending on what email service you use, she might not get back because it goes into spam. I finally just used the same service she used and she replied back in no time. She seems genuinely nice and apologetic. She should do something to expand her small business, but I don't think creating a business is one of her priorities. From the looks of it, she's just a one woman show who does this on the side. I doubt she makes much if any profit.

I'd definitely give them a chance if you can forget about it for awhile lol I'll definitely order from them again and have some I want full sizes of. If you love sparkle and vivid colors, I'm sure you'll love them
smiles.gif
I did order some lip gloss which is really pigmented which I really liked.

Also wanted to add I think it took them about 2 months to ship out. Maybe 6 weeks.

Artemisia

They are such a rip-off!
Sure they have awesome pigments, *if* you ever get them
th_rolleye0014.gif

A while back I ordered then I had to threaten with a claim (I used my Visa card) as I'd been waiting for months and received nothing.
So finnally I got my order...and several items were missing, together they were worth only a little over $10,-, but still, that sucked.
So I contacted them, no reply until I'd sent about 6 emails.
Got a really abrupt short message they'd get them out asap.
Still nothing and that is nearly 2 months ago now
thmbdn.gif

Never ordering form them again!

Aphrael

I also didn't have a great experience with them either. I ordered a bunch of pigments, and they arrived 3 months later however I didn't need to file for a claim or at least threaten to. The pigments are beautiful but not worth the hassle!

shatteredshards

Taking the advice here in the thread, I tried emailing before placing an order. Even using the same email service, it's been a week and I've heard nothing.

It's too bad; some of those colors are incredibly unique and gorgeous, but I'll save my money for another MMU company that I've been shopping with for years and has always been a good experience.

BackStageVirgin

I placed an order from Archetype Cosmetics back in June and I didn't get my order for 49 days. Once I read that that is the the average time frame, I was ok with that. My first order was for about 30 samples...only! Not a hard order to fill. I'm sure many people order 1 of each color since they're so cheap, but I didn't. I loved a lot of the colors enough to order full sizes. I placed a $45 order on July 31st. August 20th I sent a nice simple e-mail just asking for an estimate date of shipment. No response. I wrote again a couple weeks later. No response. Then 3 weeks ago I asked for a refund since they couldn't do me the common courtesy of even responding or acknowleding that I was a paying customer. I would like to continue to do business with her, but not if I can't even get a response. There are too many other mineral eyeshadow companies out there. I will give Holly 1 more week, but if my $45 order doesn't show up this week I will file a complaint with paypal and possibly the Better Business Bureau.

I work in customer service and I would NEVER treat a customer this way. If that was my job and even if I was a 1 person operation I'd at least respond to concerned customers. I mean we're the people who keep her in business. I will not be ordering from Archetype again. I'll give my money to more appreciative companies like Fyrinnae and Aromaleigh. I've ordered from Aromaleigh about 10 times now since July and they've all arrived within a weeks time. I've received 3 packages from Fyrinnae and they've arrived in good time too. I wasn't satisfied with 1 of the full sizes compared to the sample I had received and they send me a new full size for free and an free sample just for my trouble. I'll stick to Aromaleigh, Fyrinnae, Taylor Made, TheSheSpace and Pure Luxe from now on...waiting months for paid orders is just ridiculous!

I'll end my rant now....sorry....

1165Cheryl

I run a full time in home small business selling my line and MACs and there are days I am so swamped I work from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I always get back to my buyers within 24 hours at the latest, usually within 1 to4 hours. I always ship my orders within 24-72 hours...now I'm sure they are probably bigger then I am but I would never treat a person/buyer that way. The least any company could do is send out an automatic email saying thank you for writing and we will reply to your question soon. I write each and everyone one of mine personally, I like talking to people and giving that personal touch.

I never heard of this company till today when a friend mentioned it and they do have some real pretty products and some unique colors, it's sad there customer service isn't better. Without that they will eventually go under.

shatteredshards

I just checked their site for updates, and lo and behold, the LE Halloween eyeshadows have been added.

I have yet to get any response to my email, however. It's too bad; why bother ordering the Halloween colors when it'll probably be after Christmas when you receive them?

Artemisia

They still owe me several small sized pigment jars from the last order so I'm not looking at their website again....
The Halloween shades are bound to be gorgeous as usual though.

BackStageVirgin

There are SO many colors I really want to order, but she's just not responding to e-mails still. This just completely pisses me off. At least acknowledge my e-mail or just give me my money back.

The company Aromaleigh is an another independent MMU company and all 10 of my orders have been received no later then 4 days after my orders been placed. Now that's how you run a real business. Customer service!

Kragey

I've been considering ordering a bunch of samples from Archetype, since I can really make a small amount of makeup go a long way (and I've certainly got enough to spread the love around, LOL!), but all of these horror stories kind of make me frightened to spend my hard-earned money on them.
ssad.gif
Are the colors really worth it? I mean, are these pigments more blendable and pigmented than, say, NYX or PearlEx pigments?

EDIT: Well, I caved and bought $10 worth of samples (including shipping). I've heard too much about the uniqueness of the colors NOT to try them! Now we just play the waiting game...

Latest posts