Ardency Inn cosmetics

SloanePeterson

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the line Ardency Inn?

I started working at Sephora in Thousand Oaks, CA in November 2013 (I worked there for the holiday season) and we had a new line in the front of the store called Ardency Inn. I don't know when it hit the store but I know that it is still being sold on Sephora's website.

Whenever I looked at the products/graphics/pictures of AI it seemed to be geared toward teenagers and more than that, it had a very "punk" feel and look to it. I looked at the website and was surprised to see that one of the main photos is of a young girl who is flipping off the camera. I guess I'm kind of surprised that Sephora would associate itself with an image like that.

I can say that in the 3 months that I worked at Sephora I did not sell nor do a transaction of any Ardency Inn product.

I'm wondering if anyone has anything, good or bad, to say about this line. I'm not sure if it's going to make it, or at least if it's going to stay in Sephora.

shontay07108

I tried one of their lipsticks a couple of months ago. Nice formula, opaque color, but overpriced for a starter brand in my opinion. I don't find their image to be any more immature than Urban Decay's when they first started. I don't know if they'll make it, but as long as Sephora carried Charlotte Ronson they can carry Ardency Inn for awhile.

Cake Face

I tried this brand a few weeks ago (lipstick) Very nice formula, smooth application and one swipe was enough for a nice opaque color payoff. Wore the color out of the store, decent staying time. I had dinner about 2hrs after so I cannot give an accurate review on how long the color really lasts.

The color I tried was "Black is Blue". Beautiful navy color with satin finish.
Comparable to Kat Von D Poe without the shimmer

The Sephora location I saw the brand at was sold out of this color and has been since. I may have to bite the bullet and order online

**side bar-Navy Lips seem to be a fall 2014 trend? I'm here for it

MissElle12

I tried this brand a few weeks ago (lipstick) Very nice formula, smooth application and one swipe was enough for a nice opaque color payoff. Wore the color out of the store, decent staying time. I had dinner about 2hrs after so I cannot give an accurate review on how long the color really lasts.

The color I tried was "Black is Blue". Beautiful navy color with satin finish.
Comparable to Kat Von D Poe without the shimmer

The Sephora location I saw the brand at was sold out of this color and has been since. I may have to bite the bullet and order online

**side bar-Navy Lips seem to be a fall 2014 trend? I'm here for it
I just bought Black is Blue, haven't had a chance to try it yet. I think you are right about the fall trend, at NYFW this year I saw a lot of dark, navy (almost black) lips in the crowd. It looked so different, yet chic.

LavenderPearl

Has anyone tried the Manuka Honey enriched pigments? They look absolutely stunning, and are on my "to swatch" list for the next time I hit up Sephora.

Alysse011

Has anyone tried the Manuka Honey enriched pigments? They look absolutely stunning, and are on my "to swatch" list for the next time I hit up Sephora.
I think there are several of us who absolutely love these eyeshadows. I have one in Rose Gold and have been eyeing Hell and Peacock. They're seriously gorgeous, highly pigmented, and long lasting. You need them!

DILLIGAF

They are lovely and very very pigmented. When you look at price vs size you may be taken aback but once you actually get one of them you will love it and start looking for another. I have Rose Gold and I should have Royal on the way shortly if I can make up my mind what I want to add to my purchase to make the $50 required for free shipping (Urban Outfitters).

LavenderPearl

Not sure how I lost this thread. I swatched them today (yesterday now) and y'all are so right. They are buttery beyond relief. I have Rose Gold in my cart for VIB, and am considering tossing in Copper, Hell, and/or Royal. I have too many Copper-esque shades to warrant it, and really never wear shades like Hell (but it's so flippin' beautiful)... so it will probably be Rose Gold and Royal. Fingers crossed that Ardency Inn makes a Manuka Honey Pigment palette in the future. :drool:

DILLIGAF

Fingers crossed that Ardency Inn makes a Manuka Honey Pigment palette in the future.
th_drool.gif
I got Royal yesterday and I have swatches in the Sephora thread. It's insane.

awickedshape

Royal looks gorgeous. I have a suit this colour so I'm itching to do a pink and Royal eye look http://instagram.com/p/u_5r5oyK15/

sss215

I got Tangerine blush and the dark blue eyeliner. I'm excited about them. Tangerine looks amazing on my lids and cheeks. The eyeliner is one of the best blues I've seen lately. Longwearing too

DILLIGAF

I'm waiting for Copper to get here. Possibly next week. I'm looking at Vintage Gold next. Anyone have that color?

Latest posts