are all your lipcolours almost the same shade??

dollbabybex

just asking because my friend was looking through my makeup and laughed because almost all my lip colours are identical...

also in work a girl commented how she wants to buy my lipstick...and i was like, 'which one' and she was amazed i didnt wear the same colour everyday!!!

does anybody else always buy really similar colours all the time?

my colours are...
*lipglass-
Fine china
Flowerosophy
Oyster girl
Dreamy
C-thru
Underage
Snow Girl

*Lustreglass-
Morning glory
Luminary
Lustrewhite

*Laquer-
Love in
Poco pink
Babied

*Lipstick-
Pretty Please
Fresh Buzz
Mlle
lovedust
Fleshpot
Tanarama
Myth
Fresh Buzz
Snob
Politley Pink
Angel
Bcup
Durashell

Do you think these colours are all too similar??
And do you all do the same??

sorry this is so long x

karen

pretty much. 90% of my lipsticks are nudes. I have 1 or 2 brights(I just sold 6 of my brighter lipsticks yesterday), 2 darker browns, and some random in between shades.

My lipglasses/lustreglasses/chromeglasses are mostly corals and peaches; but I have lots of light pinks, a few plums, and some pretty sparkly glazes(fine china, fleur de light... these are my faves).

My tastis and petit glosses are pinks, and browns(bronzes, golds, and such are included when I say "browns").

*shrug*
I get what I think looks good on me. Sometimes I buy brights; but ultimately don't use them much, if at all.

The nude pinks and nude beige/browns are what get used the most.

It's fine to experiment once in a while, but I imagine most people are like us.

Femme Noir

I make very sure that I don't do that, however i end up with one or two that look identical so i take the one i wear least and throw it in my B2M box so i can get another lipstick that hopefully does't look the same
smiles.gif

mspixieears

You mean with MAC or generally speaking?

I go through phases, lustre nude/mauves, coral/warm lipglasses with slight shimmer, but it does also vary according to season, and depends of if MAC is offering some LE that is some weird/unusual/can't-live-without colour!

divaster

Most of mine are in the light pink family. I just got one called Freeze and that's probably the most different, though it isn't really. lol. I can't wear red, but I do want to try to get a brighter pink, something fuschia maybe. I'll have to check some out. I need to expand my lipstick horizons.

luminious

yup mine are all within the pink and nude family.. i only own a few of each.. lingerie, plink, pretty please, pink plaid, body suit, fine china, luminary ect

serendipityii

I try not to get lip colors that all seem the same, but I tend to gravitate towards bright colors lately, ie: Culturebloom, Dejarose, Already Fab!, Auto de Femme... Mine are either pink, red, or peachy (like Uberpeach). I don't mess w/browns.

User20

I noticed that I started doing that, but decided to stop. Now if i'ts sheer it's a no-buy and if they're within 4 shades similar it's a no-buy. Helps save some $$$ too!

MissMarley

Nope- I try very hard to make my lipcolors range as differently as possible- It's harder with lipglosses because a lot of them tend to look very similiar on- but with lipsticks, there are so many different finishes and textures that I like to have a wide variety!!

Padmita

Yes, mine are almost all light - pink, coral or apricot, preferably with gold shimmer
lol.gif
- it's because I almost exclusively wear such shades and don't want to spend money on things I know I wouldn't wear...

d_flawless

my colors are either "hot" colors (i.e., hot pink/red/bright) or very neutral, like soft golds and pinks

KJam

Mine are mostly pinks, peaches, and light colors - I am on a self-inflicted ban from similar colors as I try to expand my range - I must have 50 lipglasses and 40 lipsticks, most in the same color family.

Ms. Z

Yes, they are all nudes, nude pinks, nude orange, vey nude nudes, that's one of the reasons I have few, they all look pretty mush the same (and to make matters worse, I have back-ups of a few of them) :confused:

asnbrb

I've got my share of neutrals, but I've also got a dark dark brown, reds, hot pinks (girl about town), and corals. I do wear neutrals for everyday wear, but I like to have that extra option for when I do boring eyes.

petalpusher

Most of my lip stuff is in the pink family so I decided to stay away from buying more pinks now. They're all I wear though.

mymymai

No, I have a wide range of colors from bright pink to brownish, plus all the really odd colors (at least, I will have all the odd ones). I could makeu up a Zombie Bride from Mars with my range.
I usually take my fiance with me and he tells me if a color looks smiliar to a color I have it or not. If he thinks it looks new, I get it. He's usually right =^-^=

midnightlouise

Most of mine are neutrals, but every now & then I'll go out on a limb and buy something like Culturebloom to make people wonder
greengrin.gif

user3

yea they are similar but each one looks just a bit different than the other and sometimes that REALLY matter. For instance: Oyster Girl has gleam to it and Fine china has a shimmer. It can look different on the lips and in different light.

So....I say if you like them KEEP them and keep getting colors you like
winks.gif