are fake lipsticks being made?

invadersads

have their been any cases of fake mac lipsticks being sold? especially on ebay? i know that shadows and pigments are mostly faked. i usually buy from very reputable sellers on ebay, unfortunately sometimes their prices are very high. i'm just very worried about buying from someone who isn't well known for selling mac. but if lipsticks are something that arent really faked then i'll feel a little better buying from others with good feedback.

~Maemi~

I've seen fake MAC lipsticks on Ebay before and you could blatently tell they were because everything about it looked wrong!

You still have to be careful with 'reputable' sellers because a lot of buyers dont realise they buy fake stuff- either they're not aware of it or they dont know what to look out for and take the risk anyway.

I'd say if the product is from the permanent line buy it from the MAC store. If it's a past Limited Edition item examine what you can from the photo & listing description..if you're comfortable with it and can afford to take the risk then go ahead and purchase it. HTH

redambition

There have been fake lipsticks in the past, however they are not as common as the pigments and eye shadows.

They have also been a lot easier to spot - the fakes that have been seen tend to have the old style packaging or wrong packaging.

If you research carefully and buy from a reputable seller you should be ok.