Are ladies nights unfair?

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Are Ladies Nights Unfair?

Quote:
By LARRY NEUMEISTER, Associated Press Writer Sat Dec 15, 1:06 AM ET

NEW YORK - Men are not discriminated against by "ladies' nights" at Manhattan nightclubs, just as people in their 20s do not suffer because some restaurants let children eat for free or have "early bird" specials for older customers, according to nightclub lawyers fighting a federal lawsuit.

Roy Den Hollander has sued clubs including Lotus and the China Club, saying he was discriminated against by ladies' nights, which offer women free or discounted admission and drinks.

Deborah Swindells Donovan, a lawyer for Lotus, called the lawsuit frivolous in papers filed Friday in U.S. District Court.

She wrote that if his "ill-conceived theory is applied to restaurants, then 'early bird' specials for the elderly or promotions allowing children to eat free would be discriminatory on the basis of age."

Vanessa R. Elliott, a lawyer representing the club AER Lounge, said in court papers Friday that nightclubs recognize that men might not want to visit the clubs if they fail to attract enough women.

"Under this theory, male customers may actually benefit from ladies' nights in other ways and be encouraged to attend the club on those nights," she wrote.

The price charged to men is not so burdensome that it amounts to denying them entry, Elliott argued.

In his lawsuit, Hollander said he sought to represent all men over age 21 who had entered one of the nightclubs since June 21, 2004, and been subjected to policies that provide discounts to women of the same age.

He asked a judge to conclude that the policies violated the Constitution and to assess minor damages against the clubs.

Silly men. and I love the statement the woman gave saying "male customers actually benefit from ladies nights. hahah!! she might as well have said
" lots of drunk single women around! horray!"

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Re: Are laides nights unfair?

Then why doesn't he go when it's NOT ladies night? No one is MAKING him go.. I swear.. People get upset over the strangest things..
ssad.gif

*Stargazer*

Re: Are laides nights unfair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I swear, everyone wants to be a victim and/or get quick cash

By this guy's logic, no one anywhere should ever get any type of discount. Sorry, but I happen to love military, student, 55+, frequent shopper etc. discounts. That guy is just ticked that he can't get any action even with all those chicks who got in free.

user79

What a fucking idiot.

Women are discriminated against in much more important areas like careers, education, media, etc. Let us at least get drunk on the cheap!!

aziajs

It's silly. A judge is just going to dismiss it if it doens't get thrown out first. No big deal.

Briar

Its seems very sad and pathetic to me that with everything going on in the world today this guy decides to spend his time and energy bitching about not getting cheap drinks. Some people really have their priorities f*'d up.

And I agree with an earlier post, if Ladies' Nights are discriminatory then so are seniors' discounts, student discounts, shoppers club cards, and the list goes on. Oh please.

miss_supra

I do not think so since it gets girl’s interest to go in the first place. It even helps on the ratio instead of being a sausage fest.

flowerhead

that is sexism, but it's pretty pathetic to get offended by it - not a serious matter. going out with girls is funner anyway - most males my age just want to talk about is breasts and football

Divinity

Oh for f**k sake! Guys aren't going to bars to hang with other dudes! Girls are happy to hang anywhere and are happy to meet guys anywhere. This is a huge perk for the guys!!
WTF2.gif

*KT*

Apparently Roy Den Hollander doesn't want to get any from the women in New York anytime soon...

I wish there was a fine charged to both the plaintiff and lawyer for frivolous lawsuits like this. Maybe then people would think twice and their lawyers would think twice before saying "Oh sure, we've got a case!"

redambition

yep, it might be classed as sexist.

what else is sexist? all those pig-headed males who try and score with every one of the few women in a room at a party, one by one... because they assume that the girls must all want to sleep with him. there's also all those guys who grab girls while they're on the dance floor, because obviously if a girl is dancing and having a good time it means the girl wants to grind with them. then they try to keep grabbing said girl, even when the girl tries to move away.

if ladies night means that there's encouragement for the girls to go out with a big group of their friends, then it's easier for the girls to feel safer. of course, there's also more girls that the guys can get to know. win win, really.