Are lipglasses okay for day wear?

mely

I'm always so self conscious when I wear them during the day. I don't know why?

What are you're thoughts? Ok to wear to work/grocery shopping/lunch/whatever?

GlamQueen21

Yes, lipglasses are okay for day wear anywhere you go. I stick with neutral lipglasses for work and school since you want to look nice. As for colored lipglasses, you can wear them to a party or at home for fun.

dietcokeg

i see no reason why you should be self conscious wearing lipglass at any time of day for any reason! if you think that maybe its too much for the day time and if it bothers you that much then try wearing a more sheer colour - but no matter what makeup you want to wear you should wear it with pride and not care what anyone thinks. life is too short!

joygasm

Haha I wear such dramatic makeup all times of the day.
I'm just more comfortable in it.
But its your personal preference. If you like it then it shouldn't matter what time of day you wear it?

mely

Quote:
Yes, lipglasses are okay for day wear anywhere you go. I stick with neutral lipglasses for work and school since you want to look nice. As for colored lipglasses, you can wear them to a party or at home for fun.

Thanks! I think it's the shine that's getting to me. Like it's a more nightish look or something. Weird, I know.

Quote:
i see no reason why you should be self conscious wearing lipglass at any time of day for any reason! if you think that maybe its too much for the day time and if it bothers you that much then try wearing a more sheer colour - but no matter what makeup you want to wear you should wear it with pride and not care what anyone thinks. life is too short!

Quote:
Haha I wear such dramatic makeup all times of the day.
I'm just more comfortable in it.
But its your personal preference. If you like it then it shouldn't matter what time of day you wear it?

I know, right? I don't know why this lipglass thing is bugging me. I love it, you're right, I should just wear it and not care what anyone else thinks. I'll have to work on that.

Quote:
Yes, they are perfect for daytime! Some great neutral colors to try are Love Nectar and Nymphette!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Simply Elegant

Any time is appropriate I think. It's not like you're going to your office with black glittery eyeshadow almost up to your brows to work at an office.
smiles.gif

dietcokeg

one more thing i will say about mac lipglasses tho is that i hate how sticky they are - espically when the wind starts to blow and seriously my hair gets stuck to it like glue! i hate it when that happens!! living in ireland doesnt help ughh! lol!

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeg
no matter what makeup you want to wear you should wear it with pride and not care what anyone thinks. life is too short!

TOTALLY
thmbup.gif

peachy pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mely
Thanks for the suggestions!

Or Underage!
smiles.gif

If you think it looks good on you and you like looking at yourself wearing it, go ahead, really
smiles.gif
But I see what you're saying, I'm sometimes like "should I really pick a dazzleglass? It might be ott for school..." but then again, no one's ever said something if I acted like I usually do
smiles.gif

astronaut

You know, I've always been self conscious with very shiny lipgloss like MAC's. I don't have a problem with colour as I love wearing bold matte or cream lipsticks. I just hate the finish of very shiny ligloss on myself. I hate the feeling too, like my lips are dripping lol.

bellaboomboom

I wear mine at work. I wear what makes me feel good and what makes me feel pretty. (As long as I'm not over-doing it - like sparkles at work). I think you should wear what you want -wear what makes you feel like a pretty girl! If you feel it, others will see it, and know you are a confident, beautiful woman. Also, I tend to stick to the rule that if my eyes are done up, then I lower the lip volume and vice versa.

mely

Quote:
Any time is appropriate I think. It's not like you're going to your office with black glittery eyeshadow almost up to your brows to work at an office.
smiles.gif

Not that I wouldn't like to.
lol.gif

Quote:
one more thing i will say about mac lipglasses tho is that i hate how sticky they are - espically when the wind starts to blow and seriously my hair gets stuck to it like glue! i hate it when that happens!! living in ireland doesnt help ughh! lol!

I totally agree! Drives me insane.

Quote:
Or Underage!
smiles.gif

If you think it looks good on you and you like looking at yourself wearing it, go ahead, really
smiles.gif
But I see what you're saying, I'm sometimes like "should I really pick a dazzleglass? It might be ott for school..." but then again, no one's ever said something if I acted like I usually do
smiles.gif

Quote:
You know, I've always been self conscious with very shiny lipgloss like MAC's. I don't have a problem with colour as I love wearing bold matte or cream lipsticks. I just hate the finish of very shiny ligloss on myself. I hate the feeling too, like my lips are dripping lol.

That's it exactly. I see what everyone's saying though and I'm going to work on wearing what I want and not worry about it. It's not like I'll make national headlines by wearing it or anything.

Quote:
I wear mine at work. I wear what makes me feel good and what makes me feel pretty. (As long as I'm not over-doing it - like sparkles at work). I think you should wear what you want -wear what makes you feel like a pretty girl! If you feel it, others will see it, and know you are a confident, beautiful woman. Also, I tend to stick to the rule that if my eyes are done up, then I lower the lip volume and vice versa.

Good rule of thumb, but do you mean if you're wearing any eyeshadow at all, you downplay your lips...or...only when you're wearing bold eyeshadows?

Thanks everyone for not laughing at my ridiculous questions. I only recently started wearing eyeshadow/lipstick/lipglosses. Guess I'm still trying to get used to how I look all made up.

kittykit

I wear lipgloss everyday!
smiles.gif
I like neutral colours for daytime and those with sparkles when I go out partying. Can't imagine living without them.

BEA2LS

i love wearing them to work, it's my go-to these days (wash of eyeshadow, coat or two of mascara, blush foundation and lipglass is my work look these days, i hate waking up early!!). my office is really laid back but to be honest, i think it looks more natural than lipstick.

dollbaby

I wear lipglasses to work, school, out running, errands, etc. I love them so much. There are so many colors to chose from, you're bound to find a color for almost every time of day! I usually wear C-thru or Underage during the day since they are gorgeous neutral colors that go with everything, even if you're just wearing bronzer, blush, mascara and liner. I definatly agree with the others, always wear what makes you feel beautiful & confident!
heart.gif
:

MizzTropical

If shine bothers you during the day sometimes try a tinted lip balm maybe? Or just a yummy flavored clear one. Alba makes the best balms. Your lips will have a light sheen but won't be super shiney like glass. I know how you feel~ but if you find the confidence you can make it work 4 u!
smiles.gif