Are Mac getting tougher on Ebay?

madkitty

I just had a listing refused this morning which was frustrating and must have been because I used the description on their website. What really annoys me though is that I was selling a genuine item and yet they let the hundreds of fakes continue :confused:

Dear Seller,

Estee Lauder Companies have a reputation for excellence that has been built up over a considerable number of years and it is because of this that we only authorise certain outlets to sell our products at the same time as offering expert advice for their use.
The sale of this item has been brought to our attention and I regret to inform you that we have objected to the site provider as we believe the sale is in breach of one or more of the itemised reasons below:

We believe the item included an infringement of the Estee Lauder Companiesâ¿¿ copyright. OR
The item uses an image and/or copyrighted text without the authorisation of the IP owner. OR
The item misuses the IP ownerâ¿¿s brand name or trademark.

I trust that this clears up any issues surrounding your sale and would ask that you refrain from doing so again. Thanking you in advance for your
co-operation.

The Administrator
MAC

ledonatella

Yesh, you can't use their copywrighted text. I noticed they've gotten tougher with that. As far as fakes, I know Ebay alerts Lauder and other cosmetic companies to the sellers doing bad things so if Ebay doesn't know something's a fake then EL doesn't know either. They depend on Ebay to do their job and on people like us to help as well.

courters

If it's just the copyright thing, you should be able to repost it with a different description, right? I hope you can at least!
smiles.gif

lemurian

I'm sure it's just something in your description of the product that got your listing refused. EL cannot keep you from selling something that is YOURS on ebay, but they can keep you from using their words and images. I'm sure if you tweak things a bit everything will be okay
smiles.gif

huggablesecret

You can't use their pictures or text, it sucks! I guess if you just add a few words of your own here and there they can't demand you to take it down
ssad.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggablesecret
You can't use their pictures or text, it sucks!

But how hard is it to come up with an original product description and snap a photo? It's not unreasonable that a company to wish to protect their copy, and besides, doesn't general consensus deem to be that any seller who uses company copy and images isn't worth dealing with?