Are my pigments authentic? *Pics*

Kirsty

I've been setting up a swap for these 2 pigments and was asked for a pic of them. Taking pics just now I noticed that the stickers on the bottom are different. Both were bought from Sellers here on Specktra, so I was almost certain they were authentic. I dont want to swap them if i'm not sure.

pigment005.jpg

pigment008.jpg

Looking here I think Frozen white is dodgy :-( It was hard to focus on the actual writing but they layouts are there

jnkj001.jpg

jnkj002.jpg

Kirsty

I think its pretty obvious now that frozen white is fake. I can't even remember who sold it to me
angry.gif

angi

I'm not seeing what you're seeing Kirsty, what makes you think they're fake? They both look real to me- I can't see any tell-tale signs. The printing alignment on the back of pigments changed from centred to left justifed (about 2005 I think). I just went and checked my Frozen white (which incidently, has the same batch code) and the printing on that is exactly the same as yours.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
I'm not seeing what you're seeing Kirsty, what makes you think they're fake? They both look real to me- I can't see any tell-tale signs. The printing alignment on the back of pigments changed from centred to left justifed (about 2005 I think). I just went and checked my Frozen white (which incidently, has the same batch code) and the printing on that is exactly the same as yours.

Don't you think the frozen white jar looks a bit thick? I have pigments from 2004 and the jar isn't as thick as this one.

panda0410

I think they both look ok
smiles.gif
The Frozen White has the centrally aligned text, text aligment changed to centrally aligned in 2006 - there is a cross over of jars in that year of central/left aligned text (not including pro, pre 2006 pro mattes were ALSO left aligned text, not central).
The wear on the print on the Frozen White also looks about right for a pigment of this year, looks like the jar has had a bit of loving
winks.gif