Are shadesticks used to enhance your eyeshadow?

tsukiyomi

YES YES YES!! I am the Shadestick Goddess. LOL. Self proclaimed, but hehe. I LOOOVE shadesticks. I use them under my shadow everyday as a base. I use my beijing Shadestick a lot but I have a lot of the colourful ones too. My favourite is Sea Me Shdestick and I think teals, blue, purples and greens look AWESOME over it. They really add to the colour of your shadow and they are useful because it helps your shadows last longer since you don't use as much product.

Seriously, buy a couple. They are just the best.
greengrin.gif

labwom

I love them, they really help bring out your eyeshadows. I like them better than ccb's now.

Krasevayadancer

I agree with tsukiyomi. Shadesticks are my hg base as you can draw the shape you want with them. Also, they are emollient enough that pigments stick, but dry enough that they do not crease. Get one, get two or get them all! They rock!

Krasevayadancer

Paints are dryer. They come out as a cream but dry like a powder. Paints also come in tubes. Shadesticks are more emollient (creamy) than paints, but have much better staying power than a cream color base (which will crease if used on its own)

zori

I love using Shadesticks as a base as well. It makes your shadow look so vibrant and for me it enhances the staying power. The CCB creases on me but shadesticks don't.

GreekChick

Shadesticks are awesome for making color pop, but so far the best color vibrancy I've seen was the combination of a CCB over a paint. To deal with creasing (my eyelids are oily), I only use the smallest amount of CCB on my eyelid, without extending it to the crease. If I do bring it up all the way to the crease, my shadow will look nasty in less than 5 minutes, and the paint is useless. To finish off, I add some CCB under my browbone, and add a highlighter on top.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiyomi
CCBs are nice but with Shadesticks, you can draw on your shape.
greengrin.gif

They also don't crease like CCBs and come in a wider variety of colors (unless you own a lot of the d/c CCBs). I love Shadeticks.

coachkitten

Beiging is my all time favorite base! It really does make the shadows more vibrant. I do also love nude CCB for a base but is does tend to crease.

karinaf

after trying paints and ccbs, shadesticks are most definately my HG when it comes to eyeshadow bases. paints are a close second, but shadesticks are just so creamy and never crease and just make those colours pop! i have beige-ing, shimmermint, corn, royal huge, crimsinaire, and gracious me. love them.