Are there any eye shadows with a similar finish to Trax?

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperdoll
Oh, and does anyone know how to remove that silly "I'm new! Introduce yourself to me." on my left??

Not sure about eyeshadows similar to Trax but to get rid of the description you need to make a few more posts
smiles.gif
I managed to lose it on my first day on Specktra but can't remember exactly how many posts it took. Welcome aboard
smiles.gif

martygreene

By similar finish do you mean color wise, or texture wise (matte with sparkles)?

caffn8me is correct, the I'm new, introduce yourself to me is one of the levels of user status based upon post count. As you spend more time here on specktra, you'll see your title change. You can also create a custom title after being a member for a short while, for more info about custom titles, take a look at this thread: http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24675

Paperdoll

Thank you caffn8me & martygreene!

I meant with to say with similarly textured finish, sorry I wasn't more specific martygreene.

I've just been out and bought Mulch which I ♥ and is quite similarly textured to Trax imo. Does anyone have any further recommendations?

x

absolut_blonde

Trax and Mulch are both 'Velvet' finishes, so that's probably what you should check out. Other Velvet shadows include Contrast, Smut, Sketch (which is sort of similar to Trax but deeper, and cooler-- they pair really well together) and Vanilla. You can sort the shadow colours by finish on MAC's website.

You might also like some of the Veluxe Pearls, they are very smooth and easy to work with.

martygreene

absolute_blonde is correct, you are speaking about the finish that MAC calls "velvet". For more information on what textures of eyeshadow MAC offers check out the eyeshadow texture FAQ:http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25429

When you browse the MAC website, and are on the eyeshadow page, you can sort by texture via the drop-down box under the product description. This should help you find other velvet texture shadows.

Paperdoll

Thank you martygreene. This description was really helpful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
VELVET
Soft look finish with high-colour intensity. Has a plush velvety look and feel.
Matte with glitter thrown in. Depending on the shade, some have larger glitter and a grainier matte base than others.

I might try Contrast next.

x