Are there FAKE EYESHADOWS with FLAT PANS??

TheCollector

Hi all! I was depotting some eyeshadows over the weekend, and came across a couple I was suspicious of. First, the font on the bottom of the shadow that says the color name was different than those I normally see from Mac. (yes I bought these on ebay a while back, and yes I know the seller, it is someone with a 50/50 record on here). But when I depotted them, they have flat pans.

So: weird font, #15 when pull apart the case, but flat pans.
th_dunno.gif

I didn't get a chance to take pictures but will tomorrow, but wanted to go ahead and ask the question. And if they have flat pans and are fake, how do we know for sure??

thanks!

th_confused_new.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Hi all! I was depotting some eyeshadows over the weekend, and came across a couple I was suspicious of. First, the font on the bottom of the shadow that says the color name was different than those I normally see from Mac. (yes I bought these on ebay a while back, and yes I know the seller, it is someone with a 50/50 record on here). But when I depotted them, they have flat pans.

So: weird font, #15 when pull apart the case, but flat pans.
th_dunno.gif

I didn't get a chance to take pictures but will tomorrow, but wanted to go ahead and ask the question. And if they have flat pans and are fake, how do we know for sure??

thanks!

th_confused_new.gif

The quick answer is yes
thmbdn.gif

They switched to flat pans a while back.
I'm not an eye shadow expert so I'm sure someone else will be able to fill you in with the finer details.
What were the shades you depotted?

speedygirl247

Yes, yes, yes!! there are fake flat pan eye shadows, I lost my pic of the comparison, Errh not going to post too much here to help the fakers. Panda might still have the pic to PM you with. I binned the fake newly minted, but used it to compare against two authentic copperplate ES. Newly minted had a flat pan, mine was fake and so was hers. Both had a flat pan. I purchase regularly from ebay to dismantle, inspect, inspect, inspect to keep up to date with the fakes.

Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Ugh. The colors were Black Tied, and Forgery

kind of ironic when you think of it
lol.gif