Are there...

Nyx

some MAC staples that everyone should have? I mean, if you are just starting your collection, what are some basic shadow and lip colours? The array of products available is amazing, I can't choose, plus I have no idea what suits me. I normally wear NC15 and my colouring is pinkish, which I'd like to downplay, and I'm a brunette with brown eyes.

I currently own:
Shadows-Creme de Violet, Pink Freeze, Velvet Moss, Plumage, Parseley Sage, Beauty Marked, Jest, Paradisco, Aquadisiac
Pigment-Blue
Lipsticks-Melting Kisses, Faux, Hug Me, Eden Rocks, Half 'N' Half, O, Courtly, Rizzo
Palette-Plink, Chatterbox, Razzamatazzle, Twig, New York Apple
Liners (lip)-Dervish, Subculture, Plum; (eye)-Fascinating, Teddy, Smolder
Powder Blushes-Dame, Rose Quartz, Prism
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!!

joytheobscure

I have my favorites but not really staples besides bare canvas paint, I really need that to keep my shadows on.

My mac collection began with eyeshadows and expanded to lipsticks and into blushes and liners and everything else, I finally got enough lip and eye products and began on the blushes :) I do have to admit I love my prism blush, and spice l/l.

I wear warm colors for blush and lipsticks mainly just because I'm a nw20 and like to play with cool and warm colors for eyeshadows...I'll pair cool eyeshadows with warm lips and cheeks.