Are these auctions for real products?????

cynpat2000

THANKS>>>>I thought they looked OK too. but after getting some fake stuff I guess Im leery!!!! the neon pink one is soooooooooo pretty.
smiles.gif

melliquor

Do a search for her name on here? Panda and a few others has said that she sells fakes. I wouldn't buy from her.

MACATTAK

hmm.gif
Hmm that's weird...all the products look fine. Plus they say they have all the correct labels & color names. Unless she's sending something different from her pictures, these look authentic.

wolfsong

d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m is well known for selling fakes - usually good fakes at that. I dont know if any of her stock is authentic, but if someone knowingly sells any fakes, then i wouldnt trust them.

MAC_Whore

Perhaps it is the angle these were photographed at, but the tops appear to be somewhat rounded, like a dome, whereas the authentic ones are flat.

Xqueeze_me

ERGH! d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m! NO! AVOID!!!

Gotta highlight to read the individual posts:
  • Post #10 from Uk seller designercosmetics 2007 thread.
  • Post #149 from Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay thread.
  • Post #42 from Identifying fake MAC Pigments ***Guide with photos*** thread.

panda0410

blah!! avoid, definitely avoid. She has sold some bloody good fakes in the past - pigments with STICKER barcodes and those barcodes corresponded to REAL pigment boxes but the pigment within is FAKE!!! Her feedback clearly shows the people she has sold to dont know the difference and have probably never owned an authentic pigment in the same colour to know the difference - not surprising really because most people dont buy duplicates!!

I have also noticed a boatload of new fakes in just about every colour including glitters so please be careful girls!

syrene78

Does anyone have pictures of her fake pigments/glitters compared to the real ones?
For example Neon's 60?
I didn't buy anything from her but know someone who did and so far our glitters are the same...
Her prices are pretty good and her feedback shows that some ebay stores (selling MAC) bought from her as well...

wolfsong

Now thats scary - i'd dread finding out my favourite sellers bought products from her.
Her fakes are meant to be really good - the glitters can be faked to the point where you cant tell the difference (it was the glitter quality - craft shop - and packaging that was the issue with these before).
Pigments are harder as many of MAC's ones have hard to fake finishes/duo colour effects - though it is becoming increasingly possible. The way the product applies and how it acts with other products is a better indication than the colour in some cases.
The new generation counterfeits would be impressive if it wasn't so tragic...

NB:
- Look out for the 'e' on the fron t of the boxes, its often one of the first things you can spot and the hardest thing for these people to fake shockingly! (Check them against the photos of authentic MAC boxes on the 'identifying fake MAC pigments' thread).
- If the seller is repeatingly selling pigments alot cheaper than you can buy them for, especially if they are 'rare', discontinued, LE etc. MAC doesnt sell wholesale, nor do they offer discount on bulk orders. MAC also has a 4 items per colour/per product rule for all buyers on all transactions. They cant buy 10 of one colour at once. If you are weary of a seller, just ask them how they can sell that many products at such a low price - if they mention the words 'wholesale', 'discount' or 'bulk' walk away. The correct answer would be 'CCO (cosmetics company outlet), and/or 'pro card'!
- One seller told me that they bought in large bulk (thousands of pounds worth) to enable them to sell them for 1/3 of the RRP price. MAC has a limit of 500 dollars/pounds per transaction, and as ive written they dont offer discounts...
- As MAC_Whore rightly stated the lids seem dome shaped.
- The lids would also have a little gap between them and the actual jar as there is a clear plastic disc to keep the pigment/glitter in the jar. The clear plastic lid will have a series of numbers and a couple of letters around the rim (you can see the exact lettering/numbering on the fake pigment guide mentioned above) - this numbering/lettering doesnt change between pigments/glitters/batches. Though if im correct some of/all of the older ones are missing a part of it. (Please correct me on this if my memory's just making things up now!)

rockin

That little gap between the lid and the jar is there on the fakes I received, but if you open the jar there isn't a disc inside, but a strange funnel-like thin, so even the gap or lack of it cannot be relied upon in a photo

wolfsong

Thats true! Maybe asking for a photo of the jar with the black lid off would be a good idea for auctions you are unsure of - then you can see the code on the opaque-clear disc too.