Are these authentic?

elle25

I'm not sure if these are fake or authentic. There's no noticeable problems that I can see. The lids aren't shiny and there doesn't seem to be any spelling mistakes.

Just ignore the viz-a-violet. Its just there because the others kept trying to roll away. If these aren't quite good enough, I took some of them individually and then with definite authentic pigments.

100_1714.jpg

100_1717.jpg

100_1720.jpg

100_1722.jpg

100_1723.jpg

100_1724.jpg

100_1726.jpg

100_1729.jpg

panda0410

The Smoke Signal isnt clear or bright enough to tell
ssad.gif
From what I can see both the Subtle and Sunnydaze are authentic - but seriously, thats hedging an educated guess from some not so good pics and a little background product knowledge. Better pics of those would be great too if you can
smiles.gif

elle25

Are these pictures any better? I understand needing a clear picture. I have a hard enough time making out the details on them and I have them right in front of me
ssad.gif

Is there any other information you need? I can post the batch codes if they're not clear enough.

elle25

I put up pictures for some that I got ages ago. Can anyone help me out in determining their authenticity?

elle25

I got them last year from ebay before I knew that there was fake mac. Some were from dimension_arena and others were from beautysecret12. I really wish I knew that there were fakes because I spent a lot. It sucks, I was already 99% sure that they were fake but its still upsetting to find out for sure.

I'm just going to post the last ones I'm not sure about. If someone can say if they're fake or not, that'd be great
smiles.gif

panda0410

Rose and Reflects Purple Duo are definitely authentic, like a closer look at the others if possible please
smiles.gif

elle25

I took some more. Hopefully these are ok. My cameras not the best so I can't get too close otherwise its just all bright white.

panda0410

The rest of these look Ok except for ~

French Violet, Apricot Pink** and Accent Red**

I know these colours have been counterfeited in jars WITHOUT the counterfeit base insignia so you cant use that to pick them out, and the ** look especially suspicious to me. The French Violet looks(? - could be flash?) to have the scotch tape base label, and I have only ever seen those in authentics with VERY recent (like the last 24 months) batch dated. Its too old to have one of those new stickers so if it does have that sort of base sticker then I would consider it a probable counterfeit as well.

The Dusty Coral is the only one I would raise a query on, but not for any of the reasons listed above, its something I would prefer to see in hand and swatch, this was counterfeited to near perfection, but the jars were sent out FULL. I couldnt say for sure unless I saw it first hand, sorry
ssad.gif

elle25

So fucshia's definitely ok? Thats the only one I've actually used out of all the ones I've posted. But that was when I first got it because I loved the colour.

Would comparing them to samples work in figuring out if they're counterfeit or not?

panda0410

Yes- swatching will definitely help with the Dusty Coral, the counterfeit looks the same, but applies a little darker when swatched. Be careful though if you are swatching much older batches, those pigments DO change colour a little somtimes. I recently ditched a really old batch of Dusty Coral, it was several shades paler than the newer batch I bought (both authentic) and the texture was a bit yukky, I think it was starting to turn :|

I think the Fuschia is fine, the base has rubbed off a little, but that could be wear. The colour, base, jar text, and manufacture seem fine. I can see the fine rings inside that jar as well, I havent seen that in the counterfeit version, although it could happen, but I would hedge a bet that the one you have is Ok
smiles.gif