Are these brushes real??

mandygrimreaper

Hi ladies! I could really use your help! I don't have any MAC full-sized brushes so I don't really know how to tell if these brushes are fake.
The seller sells a lot of other authentic MAC makeup, but I just want to make sure the brushes are authentic too. Help please?
th_confused_new.gif

Thanks!!!!

eBay Store ? Makeup Emporium: Search results for.

%21BRKEd0QB2k%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly9hRBJ8jkRrQtg%7E%7E_1.JPG

%21BOumg%21%21BWk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1%29bDiBJwG1fUv6g%7E%7E_1.JPG

%21BRjMoVwBGk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CUEjlLl1UPiBJ-kE%29k3Pg%7E%7E_1.JPG

BeautyizPain

I'm not quite sure..but i'm leaning towards fake because my 168 bristles did not look like that when i got it...sorry.

Makeup Emporium

Hi, this is my EBay store and I'm also here on Specktra. Everything I sell comes directly from MAC so it is all guaranteed real. I NEVER buy from anyone that "claims" to be a 3rd party wholesaler as MAC does not use wholesalers and many of their products are fake.

I've been selling on EBay for awhile but just started selling here on Specktra. I have a little bit of feedback here but not much as I just started. I also have some people from Specktra who have bought through my EBay store as well.

If you want any other pictures of anything let me know and I can send them to you. I'm not exactly a photo expert so not everything comes out great!

Thanks, Michelle

alka1

The 168 brush looks real to me. The 182, however, looks different. It might be a different version maybe? Mine has a black short handle, the one here looks shiny like metal.

kalz

I have a 100 % authentic 168 brush brought directly from mac stores.

However mines a little different from yours. From your picture, i can only conclude,
Firstly my 168 bristles are more full compared to yours. Idk but maybe you haven start using it yet but just to tell you.
Secondly my printed M.A.C 168 are not as near as your printed M.A.C 168. I measured 0.5 cm from the silver handle but seems like your brush is 0.25cm from the silver handle.

alka1

My 168 looked like that when I first bought it. The bristles look flat because it's probably been inside the plastic sleeve and hasn't poofed out yet
smiles.gif

and the lettering looks fine to me? I don't know how you measured a .20 cm difference from that picture :p

kalz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
My 168 looked like that when I first bought it. The bristles look flat because it's probably been inside the plastic sleeve and hasn't poofed out yet
smiles.gif

and the lettering looks fine to me? I don't know how you measured a .20 cm difference from that picture :p

I meant the distance between the print M.A.C 168 to the silver handle. Cause mine is further away.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
The 168 brush looks real to me. The 182, however, looks different. It might be a different version maybe? Mine has a black short handle, the one here looks shiny like metal.

Hi, this 182 was a special edition that was released as part of the Catherine Deneuve collection for MAC and is hard to find. The regular MAC 182 does have a black handle.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalz
I have a 100 % authentic 168 brush brought directly from mac stores.

However mines a little different from yours. From your picture, i can only conclude,
Firstly my 168 bristles are more full compared to yours. Idk but maybe you haven start using it yet but just to tell you.
Secondly my printed M.A.C 168 are not as near as your printed M.A.C 168. I measured 0.5 cm from the silver handle but seems like your brush is 0.25cm from the silver handle.

Hi, as I have advised this is also a 100% authentic 168 brush from MAC. The brush was slid out of the sleeve right before taking the picture and then slid back into the sleeve. It has never been used and is not fluffed out at all.

I am not sure what you mean about the printing but the MAC is always stamped pretty close to the silver part of the brush.