Are these eyeshadows fake???

pmoy004

I bought these from who I think are reliable sources - just want to check their authenticity. Andy help appreciated! If you believe any are NOT authentic, can you please explain to me why, so I know for next time - thanks!
tong.gif

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x304/pmoy004/P8160205-1.jpg[/IMG]
P8160209.jpg

sillylilacs

They look pretty legit...is that AA9 I see on the Straw Harvest stamp?

You can always double check the stamp to see if it is legit as well

1st letter - which sequence of batches it came from (A is first batch, B second batch made)

2nd letter/number - the month it was made (1 = January, 2 = February,...until 9 = September, A = October, B = November, C = December)

3rd number - the year it was made

So if you're looking at Star Violet which is B39, it was the 2nd batch/earlier batches made in March of 2009 =)

jennie81

First of all if you didn't it directly from MAC they are either fake or stolen. Do they have a compartment in the bottom with applicators or little brushes? The best thing to do is take them to MAC and either compare yourself or ask an employee BEFORE you put them on your eyes. Fake MAC eyeshadows can contain really dangerous chemicals such as lead!

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie81
First of all if you didn't it directly from MAC they are either fake or stolen. Do they have a compartment in the bottom with applicators or little brushes? The best thing to do is take them to MAC and either compare yourself or ask an employee BEFORE you put them on your eyes. Fake MAC eyeshadows can contain really dangerous chemicals such as lead!

So if I bought an eyeshadow direct from MAC and went to sell it on, it suddenly becomes fake??

Just because there are a lot of fakes out there, doesn't mean that every one that is for sale somewhere other than at a MAC store is fake. You just need to be careful, and if in doubt don't buy.

I agree that those with the little brush/applicator compartments are definitely fake, though, since MAC never made them like this.

pmoy004

Thanks for the comments guys..they look real to me, and I personally couldn't see any difference in packaging to all (over 50!) of my MAC store-bought eyeshadows..I just wanted that bit of reassurance.
smiles.gif