Are these eyeshadows older packaging or fake?

darkbeauty27

MAC Boxed EYE SHADOW Lot of 4: FRINGE, LIMIT, SURREAL - eBay (item 400011994716 end time Dec-24-08 12:27:51 PST)

I used to have some screw off lid MAC eyeshadows back in maybe 1999 or 2000 but I don't remember what the box looked like. I just purchased a Surreal eyeshadow that has the screw off lid and a box just like this but I think it may have been froma different seller. I just assumed the item I won was older packaging. Are items like this real or fake? Are they just the older style packaging?

As a matter of fact, the one I purchased looks just like this one:

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - SURREAL - NEW - - eBay (item 200289957600 end time Dec-23-08 14:44:48 PST)

Thanks!

panda0410

I saw these.... there were a few other colours as well. I cant say if they are authentic or not... but I would be cautious since when I last browsed them about a week or so ago there were at least 30+ of each colour for sale. This packaging is SUPER old and the sheer number available made me shy away.

julie150463

The texture of the boxes look wrong to me. The older style packaging wasn't smooth like these appear to be and as Panda says who really would have so many of these after all this time?

macluvermre

I remember actually owning the Phase and Limit e/s, these were with the old "screw top" lids, and back when RIOT e/s was out. It's been a long time and I wouldn't even use something that old. Since Surreal has had the flip-top lid for many years now, I say no go. But, that's just me. However, the box wasn't quite that detailed way back then either. I believe only the name "PHASE" (etc) and only the e/s size (going off memory) was all that was on the bottom sticker of the e/s container and I am not remembering that circled mac logo on the front of the box either. The boxes were as up-to-date as the photo appears, they weren't even that "black", if that makes sense
smiles.gif
)). HTH. Anything that old, shouldn't be given away, much less sold!

nunu

They look really fake to me, even though they resemble the old (screw top) packaging.