Are these fake?

Shanible

In hopes of saving a little bit of money and getting a friend some MAC pigments, I purchased some pigments from ebay. I took a closer look at them now that I've got them and I think they are fake. Can anyone tell me their opinions?

photostream
Attachment 10313

Attachment 10314

Attachment 10316

Attachment 10317

Attachment 10318

Looking at the violet, I am pretty sure of it. The batch code seems wrong, shouldn't it be in Alpha Numerical Numerical format, not Alpha Alpha Numerical? Plus, the box edges scrape off or bubble when a nail is ran along it.

Advice & opinions please?

obscuria

I can't really tell for sure from those pictures but I know it is possible for the batch number on the bottom to have a letter or number as the middle code. It doesn't say anything about authenticity.

Just an fyi. The middle code stands for the month it was made, since october, november, and december required double digits (10,11,12) they replaced them with A, B,C to make reading the batch codes less confusing.

All AC means is that it was the first batch/run in December and the last number is the year.

Shanible

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I can't really tell for sure from those pictures but I know it is possible for the batch number on the bottom to have a letter or number as the middle code. It doesn't say anything about authenticity.

Just an fyi. The middle code stands for the month it was made, since october, november, and december required double digits (10,11,12) they replaced them with A, B,C to make reading the batch codes less confusing.

All AC means is that it was the first batch/run in December and the last number is the year.

Thanks for the info on how the batch codes work, I've never had any explain that to me. Also, I am really new to this site, I am not sure how to post bigger photos. If you tell me what I need to do to either make it easier for you to see what you need or can tell me how to post bigger, I would be happy to post them/retake the pictures. When I tried to use flickr and the insert image button, it kept giving a blank photo. Gah, I need to be more savvy to forums.

Shanible

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
They are both fake, sorry hun
ssad.gif

Thanks! How can you tell? I want to know what to say to the seller, to request a refund. I don't know if she'll simply take, "These are fake".

panda0410

PM and give me your email addy, I will mail you some info. I did write a big guide but I cant find it on my PC atm, I can just tell you what the problem is
smiles.gif

Eleentje

I'd also be very interested how you've recognized these as fakes. The white scratches and Violet dark black sticker would be my first clues.

Shanible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
I'd also be very interested how you've recognized these as fakes. The white scratches and Violet dark black sticker would be my first clues.

I didn't notice the dark black sticker (good job for catching that!), but the box scratching I did take note of. The mauvement box didn't seem to "bubble" and scratch like the violet. Sigh.

Shanible

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
Which seller did you get these from?

bgrl2, ebay store:
eBay My World - bgrl2

They only thing she has up right now is a lot of 10, which she didn't have any lots up when I purchased these pigments. She only had individual palette refills, pigments, and e/s.

Latest posts