Are these good bronzers?

Green Eyes

So I went to Sephora this weekend looking for a bronzer - I am off to Hawaii for 2 weeks and want my face to match my tan....so the lady showed me these...what are your thoughts? Are these good items to purchase???

Benefit Holywood Glow
P81313_hero.jpg

Benefit Dallas Bronzer
P133173_hero.jpg

Thoughts? Suggestions about these products or other good bronzers???

asteffey

i havent tried hollwood glo. i have tried dallas, and it is good; i prefer a nars bronzer or mac bronzer in refined golden. it all depends on your coloring. im a nc15 and dallas shows up too peachy on me.. what is your coloring? you could also try a face sunless tanner..

Green Eyes

i use biotherm for a foundation - i use 630 - kinda in the middle of the tones....i have tan/olive skin with green eyes...

asteffey

dallas might work for you. go test it out! stila just came out with some good summer bronzers. you could also mix a darker shade of foundation. i really suggest mac bronzer.. its pretty nice and really foolproof. HTH!

kissmypinkstar

I love urban decay baked. It's great for bronzer challenged people such as myself because it goes on light at first and you can gradually build it up
smiles.gif

luminious

I use MACs Refined Golden.. well I used to. That stuff got addicting so I threw it out.. plus the lighting in my house sucks big time and I always ended up looking too dark when I went outside.

user3

Hollywood glow is just shimmer with a hint of color. A total waste of money unless you want just have tons of shimmer all over you.

Dallas is really nice but it has a slight plum color to it and I would recommend it for those that have red tone to their skin.

Nars Laguna is one of the most universal bronzer can think of.

baby_love

it might be because I work for Benefit but I think Dallas is the best bronzer ever. it's just perfect for a light skinned whitey like me, and it gives a great glow on darker skins. just don't use the brush it came with, use a fluffy brush.

lara

I'll give somes props to Hollywood Glo. If you're pale, it makes a nice subtle bronzer. It really shines as a great product to mix into your foundation - a little hint of bronze without looking 'bronzed', plus a candlelight finish to your foundation.

It's a staple in my kit.
smiles.gif

dollbabybex

IMO hollywood glow isnt what ur looking for,

I just mix it with foundation for a bit of shimmer,

Mac refined golden is the best bronzer ive used, I also use cliniques bronzer which is more 'day time'.

Also much much cheaper and longer lasting than dallas, cos my Dandelion and Georgia have both cracked
ssad.gif
and the box gets battered in your handbag x

ShirleyK

Hmmm... I might sound stupid... but I really have no ideas, what this bronzers do....

Can anyone tell me what it is for actually?

sweetramona

I have to second the recommendation for Dallas - I could never find a bronzer before that didn't make me look dirty. Dallas is briliiant, every time I wear it I get tons of compliments!

Latest posts