Are these pigments fake?

ShexyKristin

I heard about people getting fake MAC stuff online and I was wondering if you guys think one's like this are fake? I bought some just like this from the same seller. Eek

MACATTAK

Sorry to say, but yes
ssad.gif
The base of the jars are way to thick, the seller is from Hong Kong which is where a lot of the fakes are originating. Also, some of the batch numbers are way off. I'd start a dispute with Paypal (if that is how you paid), and try to get your money back.

ShexyKristin

Are they really bad quality or what I mean if they aren't bad then I'll keep then but what is the DL so to speak?

MACATTAK

Honestly, because they are fake, I would recommend using them. You never know what's in them & you don't want to have an adverse reactions to them. I think you should just try to get your money back & call it a day on these.

ShexyKristin

Man that sucks... I can't get pigments where I live because we only have a counter not a store. Should I try contacting the seller first or go straight to eBay?

MACATTAK

You can contact the seller & see if they will do anything, or will give your money back before going through Paypal. If not, go straight to Paypal, open your dispute & escalate it to a claim. You can always go to Maccosmetics.com and order pigments. That way you are assured the real deal. I buy lots of pigments on ebay, but you just have to know who to trust. You can always do a search here first to see if anything negative has been posted about who you may be thinking about buying from.

ShexyKristin

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. This is my first time buying makeup from eBay so I wasn't sure what to expect. There are some sellers with Genuine Guarantees on their products and they are from the US so I'll go with those next time.
smiles.gif
Thanks again

MACATTAK

Sure you bet! There are a lot of honest ebay sellers out there, and a good amount of losers as well. Hope you get your money back right away
smiles.gif

captodometer

I was just surfing on Ebay last night when I came across the seller in question. They had 34 pigments listed for sale, and every single one of them was fake; I reported them to Ebay.

Some safe Ebay shopping tips: always read the seller's feedback before you bid. There are several people who clearly state that they received fake MAC from this seller. Also, the seller's feedback score is low: there is no way that an honest, decent seller with an 800+ score should have only a 93.8% rating. As a buyer, you should be looking for 98%+.

File the Paypal dispute immediately if you haven't already done so; if you wait more than 45 days after you paid, you are completely out of luck.

Xqueeze_me

IF the seller(s) request/demand that you send the crap fakes back to them first before a refund, DON'T DO IT! They can be cunning like that. If you're gullible enough to send it back and expect a refund afterwards, kiss that refund goodbye! We have NO idea how many dishonest sellers are in the world so best be safe than sorry! Keep the items until you have received your refund!!

If the seller(s) wouldn't give you a refund, file a dispute with eBay and Paypal to get your money back.

What some criminals would do for money.. they do not care for the welfare of others because all they care about is the money that they'll get out of it. Bloody idiots. :/

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShexyKristin
Man that sucks... I can't get pigments where I live because we only have a counter not a store. Should I try contacting the seller first or go straight to eBay?

You can still get pigments where you are - call the nearest pro store and do a phone order - they'll ship it out to you!