Are these pigments real??

Violeta

I was searching eBay because I got the bug also …lol
cutey.gif
and I discovered this seller that has some great prices on auctions, 3 full size MAC pigments for $30 - $35 and buy it now for $49. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Full-Size-MAC-Pigment-Eyeshadow-Naked-Teal-Melon_W0QQitemZ290051118677QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3179 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

she also has lots of 15 lipglos and mascaras. If these are real then the prices are great
smiles.gif

caffn8me

100% definitely fake, sorry! If it looks too good to be true, that's because it is too good to be true.

DaizyDeath

you can also see a difference in the containers of the first pigment and the other 2 the lettering is much higher on the first one also the bases seem 2 thick and the coloring seems really off to me

Violeta

I am just very surprised that she would put “100% authentic”
th_remoteImage-61.gif
and sell fakes, most of the ppl that sell fake stuff do NOT mention anything about the authenticity.

prinzessin784

definitely fakes. some people just don't care that they sell fakes or they think they can get away with it! I'll admit - when I first started buying MAC on E-bay I wouldn't have been able to tell fake from real stuff, but I was lucky and I don't have anything that I think was fake. I did almost buy a 15 pan palette for $20 though because I thought they were rare and hard to find haha. Luckily I waited
winks.gif

juli

I would never buy stuff off ebay but I would never be able to tell whether its fake or not. I would have thought them to be real but when caffn8me says its fake then it is!
cutey.gif

mskitchmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by juli
I would never buy stuff off ebay but I would never be able to tell whether its fake or not. I would have thought them to be real but when caffn8me says its fake then it is!
cutey.gif

me too! i will never buy MAC on ebay, 'cause I can't tell if it's real or not. i think i'm really good at noticing details, but i'm always surprised by the things that are uncovered as fakes on specktra.

hmm.gif

juli

hmm... any pig set that is more than one and including coco gotta worth more than that! Isn't coco pig. one of the rare ones to find?

But out of curiosity since these are fakes, where do they get the (fake)pigments from?

caffn8me

Counterfeit pigments are almost certainly made in China. They may well contain hazardous ingredients and the pigment load and colour quality is poor compared to genuine pigments. There is also less weight of pigment in the jars in the fakes.

Violeta

So far, all my MAC was purchased directly from the MAC store so I know that it’s not fake.
When I found this stuff on eBay for a sec I was thinking that I hit jackpot!! …lool, silly beginner
lmao.gif

Latest posts