Are these shadows truly interchangeable?

Laurahead108

A mac MUA recently reviewed my shadow palette, and advised me to axe all except one of the following, because "they all look the same anyway." She was referring to Shroom, Ricepaper, Soba, Yogurt, and All That Glitters.

Is this anybody's else's opinion?

Spam.n.Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurahead108
A mac MUA recently reviewed my shadow palette, and advised me to axe all except one of the following, because "they all look the same anyway." She was referring to Shroom, Ricepaper, Soba, Yogurt, and All That Glitters.

Is this anybody's else's opinion?

I have shroom and All That Glitters and they look completely different on me. Shroom gives a light frosty vanilla color on me and All That Glitters has a champaign tone. Personally, I would keep these two colors but I don't know about the other ones listed.

Hawkeye

yougurt is pinky, shroom is more nude/brown. Soba in the pot looks like it's a glittery gold!

Sparklevixen81

i agree with the above comments but the finish is totally different from yogurt(a matte) to shroom(shimmery). i would go to the website and look at the descriptions and textures to help you better, that is what i do

Kat

All that Glitters is definitely different, and a must have in my opinion.

As for the others - they have differences, but I can definitely see why she advised you to just get one of them.

jenii

o_O @ that MA, because I have Shroom and Soba, and they look nothing alike. Soba's like a greyish brown with some gold in it.

Then again, I'm really fair, so color differences might be more obvious on me.

eowyn797

seriously. 2nd everything everyone said.

i can understand the Yogurt/Shroom/Ricepaper, but that is really moer of a question of which finish youlike best. All That Glitters and Soba are TOTALLY different tho, at least on me.

lsperry

I have shroom and ricepaper….and yeah, they’re similar, but I wouldn’t get rid of either one; Shroom is satin and ricepaper is frost. And soba is NOTHING like shroom or ricepaper. On me it looks like a matte gold. I’m NW45 and it blends in to my skincolor.

glamgirl

The eyeshadows you have are in the same color family, neutral. Keep your eyeshadows and add some color to your palette.

Bernadette

Maybe she is referring to them all being soft neutral colors :shrug: ? Perhaps she wants you to try something totally different. That's the only sense I can make of it.

Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Maybe she is referring to them all being soft neutral colors :shrug: ? Perhaps she wants you to try something totally different. That's the only sense I can make of it.

Ditto.