Are you excited about the bright orange lip trend? (Spring 2014)

SloanePeterson

I recently read in an Allure article that the most popular makeup trend for spring 2014 is bright orange lips. (http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks/2014/new-makeup-color-trends-for-2014#slide=1)

I also saw Lisa Eldridge do a youtube video on how to dupe one of Kiera Knightly's red carpet looks wearing an orange lip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg6GZisIOYs&list=UUFghPtzFcmyDiID1ASMA4Dg&feature=c4-overview) I remember that last season bright corals were very popular for spring and summer.

I'm not sure if an orange lip would look good on me but I plan to try it out! Maybe I'll do where the suggested lip color by Allure and get the Maybelline Color Sensational shade in Electric Orange. If I do I'll report back.

Are there any other bright orange lipsticks that you can recommend or that look great on you?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I do love the look of orange lips, but I feel like I can't pull it of myself. So I enjoy seeing it on others instead :)

User38

I wear orange lips all the time. Mine are all orange reds tho, or corally orange. I cannot or will not wear neon orange. ever.

the one used by L.Eldridge which is "purrrfect" is Incandescente /Chanel -- and I wear that all the time. I also have Lady Danger MAC, Heat Wave NARs, MACs Prolongwear lippies in orange (forgot name) and a wonderful TF corally orange.

Mayanas

oh Yes, I love Orange and orange red lipstick

Lady Danger, Scarlet Ibis, Dangerous and Sounds like noise are waiting for me
yahoo.gif

kait0

Question - are oranges / orange-red lipsticks known for making your teeth look whiter? or more yellow? I can never remember. I'm going to try out some orange-reds/corals this year.

savvy1

I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping to incorporate "Who's That Chick" from Riri Loves Mac collection.

Medgal07

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Le Orange # 13 is pretty awesome. Fiery color, great moisturizing texture and pleasant scent.

unraveling

i was excited in the beginning..........until i realized that it is super difficult for me to rock an orange lip :(

Latest posts