are you registered to vote?

brittanymorgan

hey. with the election coming soon, i was wondering if you are registered to vote? this site seems to target a lot of 18-39 year olds which is the group who doesn't turn up to the polls.

and if you are not yet registered and are old enough, i encourage to do so!

go to http://www.rockthevote.com/ to register!

HeavenLeiBlu

Of course. I've been registered since I was 17 and some change. There was a voter's drive at my high school some umpteen ( LOL) years ago, and were were able to register if we were going to be 18 by the time the next election rolled around. I've been a registered voter since, and I faithfully re-register every time I move.
thmbup.gif

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
First thing I did when I turned 18.

Same!

This is one the few powers we have, so it's hard for me to understand why there are some people who willingly don't vote.

pink_lily002

My high school did a registration drive and pulled all the seniors into the auditorium who would be old enough to vote in the next election! That of course was many years ago, but I made sure to always re-register whenever I moved. It drives me nuts when people who are old enough to vote don't exercise that right and then complain about the state of things. I always offer to give people free cookies if they vote, and you know what? It actually works more than half the time!