Art Attack ;)

happy*phantom

knoxydoll

I really like the first one. The second one isn't too my taste but it'd done well.

I can't believe you didn't name Georgia O'Keefe as one of the ladis in the movement. With all her vagina-y flowers she should definaltely be an inspiration.

I hope you post some more paintings up when you do more.

saniyairshad

ur sooo talented...and very very creative...love the first one
winks.gif

happy*phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I really like the first one. The second one isn't too my taste but it'd done well.

I can't believe you didn't name Georgia O'Keefe as one of the ladis in the movement. With all her vagina-y flowers she should definaltely be an inspiration.

I hope you post some more paintings up when you do more.

Thx for your + feedback.
cheerleader.gif

So sorry that I missed to mention Giorgia O'Keefe... She's a great painter but unforunately she isn't my source of inspiration. I have to admit that I can't do the same with flowers. My painted flowers appear boring therefore I don't chose them as my subject of painting.
But, hey, nobody's perfect.
lol.gif

Btw, I'm also lookong forward to seeing pics from your art works, too!

happy*phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLust
i love both of these...i would totally hang them in my room!

Hey, thanks a lot!
Visit me in Germany and take some of my art works as souvenir!
smiles.gif

knoxydoll

I'm torn on it. It's not really the style I really enjoy; but I think I get the message. Ophelia being Hamlet's love who killed her self in the river... which is why you have the blue background... Correct? I think you lose a sense of her being dead because at first it looks like she's sleeping. It took me a bit to realise she had slit her wrists. I think adding red blood would have been very more dramatic then the blue background.
Keep up the good work.

happy*phantom

Quote:
I'm torn on it. It's not really the style I really enjoy; but I think I get the message. Ophelia being Hamlet's love who killed her self in the river... which is why you have the blue background... Correct? I think you lose a sense of her being dead because at first it looks like she's sleeping. It took me a bit to realise she had slit her wrists. I think adding red blood would have been very more dramatic then the blue background.
Keep up the good work.

You don't have to like it just because it's mine.
smiles.gif
Honestly, there aren't lots of iconographical parallels to shakespeare's play. I thought it was time to break the traditional bonds. The blue is used in a symbolical way. Yeah, your first impression was right. She seems to sleep. And yes, it was my intention to eclipse her death. No drama, no cry... She's just one of the anonymous people who commit suicide due to different reasons. So, everyone is a prospective Ophelia...

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy*phantom
You don't have to like it just because it's mine.
smiles.gif
Honestly, there aren't lots of iconographical parallels to shakespeare's play. I thought it was time to break the traditional bonds. The blue is used in a symbolical way. Yeah, your first impression was right. She seems to sleep. And yes, it was my intention to eclipse her death. No drama, no cry... She's just one of the anonymous people who commit suicide due to different reasons. So, everyone is an prospective Ophelia...

I was more torn because I loved Ophelia, she was always my favourite. But that's a pretty good explanation. :thumbsup: I think it's well done, but it's not something I'd have on my walls. But that's just because I'm going to have robots and pirates everywhere lol

happy*phantom

Quote:
I was more torn because I loved Ophelia, she was always my favourite. But that's a pretty good explanation. :thumbsup: I think it's well done, but it's not something I'd have on my walls. But that's just because I'm going to have robots and pirates everywhere lol

Yes, Ophelia also was my fave character of the play. She was the only person who knew too much (she was too clever) and couldn't stand this burden due to her emotional chaos.
Thanks for the compliment.
cheerleader.gif
Well, I studied art history... So it's my job (maybe a mania) analyzing works of art.
Your robot is very cute, btw. It's somehow pop art. May I ask you why you're "obsessed" by robots and pirates?
smiles.gif

Sorry for my English but it lets me sometimes down... Not enough practice.
ssad.gif

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy*phantom
May I ask you why you're "obsessed" by robots and pirates?
smiles.gif

Sorry for my English but it lets me sometimes down... Not enough practice.
ssad.gif

I'm not sure why I love robots so much.
I always loved boats and sailing and everyone has to be a little dangerous now and then right?

happy*phantom

@cel.: Thanks for this compliment. I really appreciate it. Well, I'm always impressed by your photoprphic masterpieces. You rule!
@knoxy: Maybe robots represent a positive reminiscence of your childhood. It's always something psychological.
winks.gif

I'd love to see more art work from you on deviant art. You know, the traditional art.
winks.gif

happy*phantom

Hi lovely ladies! I am back with some unspectacular new stuff. Don't expect too much because I'm too exhausted for artistic challenges.
I can't take photos at the moment. Digi is broken. Damn thing!
weeping.gif

So I have to use the good old scanner. Always an adventure using it.
lol.gif

1.) Bored (of) Beauty: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21749481@N00/507943595/

2.) The Fake Fashion Collection I &II (yeah, I am mad!):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21749481@N00/509159468/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21749481@N00/509161894/

Don't say anything! I know it's rubbish that isn't worth the trouble!
Thanks for your patience with me, btw!

happy*phantom

It's me again with new stuff. I'm still into the depicting of women from a female pont of view. I finally had the time using my brushes and colours again. Hope you like the results:

1) Contemplative mood
541430743_1372c0a770.jpg

2) The promise
541430739_a7b4204ac9.jpg

Latest posts