Artdeco eyeshadow base

pepe

Hi gals,
I meant to ask u whether u have experience with using this eyeshadow base. I have heard some really good things about it, but I would love to hear from you before I make any hasty decisions.

user79

I'd like to know too, it gets really good review on MUA but would like to know if it's anything like UDPP???

kyoto

I've read good things about it as well and would love to find out how to get my hands on it here in the U.S.

thelove4tequila

I have and love it. It is similar in color to UDPP but it does have a slight shimmer to it. It comes in a pot and smells sooooo good. Kinda like a lavender/chamomile scent. After 8+ hours of wear my e/s still looks great. UDPP and the ArtDeco base has the same benefits on my eyes. I like them both very much. From what I hear from others they aren't available in the US. I got mine in Germany.

user79

Does it make e/s show up vibrantly? I can't get UDPP here in Switzerland but can get the ArtDeco base...do you think they are comparable with color intensity pay-off as a base? Do you think it's better than the various MAC bases?

Susanne

Although I am a hugh fan of MAC products, I don't like the eye shadow base Prep+Prime.
I also know the Artdeco eye shadow base and have used it, but for me the ultimative base is "f.y...eye" by Benefit cosmetics!

Zoffe

I've used both MAC paints and the ArtDeco base. The only difference for me is that my shadow lasts a bit longer with the ArtDeco base.
+ it's a lot cheaper than the MAC paint here in DK
winks.gif

GothicGirl

I use both versions of Artdeco Eyeshadow Base, the clear one in the pot and the nude colored brush-on one. There are plenty of reviews on Specktra raving about the eyeshadow base in the pot already, and I follow each one of them: makes the eyeshadow brighter and long-lasting. I just wanted to give an opinion about the brush-on version, because I haven´t found any yet.
The brush-on eyeshadow base by Artdeco isn´t clear, it´s a nude color; however it works just as nicely as the clear one. I stroke my lids with the built-in brush to cover the skin and pat gently to even out the surface. I t dries quickly, makes the eyeshadow more vibrant and stays put througout the whole day. I do my makeup around 8 AM to go to work and even when I go to class after work and come home around 11:30 PM, my eyes look just the same as in the morning.

Ikara

I also have the brush version and it works fine for my super oily eyelids, it makes them last like 4x time in summer, all day in winter (shadow without base 1h - with ArtDeco like 4-5h) if want them to stay all day long I use some blot powder on it, now I use it over Cargo HD mattifier (a Sephora's MUA told me it's the same as their liquid powder) and works really well.

crystalic_oxyge

i have it and i must say that i dont really like it... =/
i love the smell, and it applies really smoothly, but my shadows start to crease if i have the base underneath. i still wear it, because at least it leaves the shadow put, but as i said, it starts to crease after a few hours. its ok, but im not overexited about that one thing....

user79

I just got this and tried it out last night. I was really amazed! I really love Paints and Shadesticks but this one was more vibrant than using Untitled Paint. I didn't compare it with the Shadestick. This really "grabbed" the eyeshadow and made it show up a lot more strongly and vibrantly. I had minimal creasing after the night out, but not more than I had with the Paints. I am going to def experiment some more with it, but it's def a great product!

Karen_B

For me, this base works if I use it along with a paint pot, but not as well as UDPP. My eyelids are super oily though.

Spatzchen

There is no Urban Decay in my country, so I had been using Artdeco Eyeshadow base for 4 or 5 years. It's a really good staff, eyeshadows stay in place the whole day long and colors are more intensive
thmbup.gif
. I heard that some people don't like the scent of this base, it reminds of shaving cream. But for me it was ok.
The only thing I didn't like is the texture. The base is very creamy when you buy it and in ~1 year it gets more thick and complicated putting it on the lid. So, you have to buy a new one.
The great alternative is the BeYu Eyeshadow Base. It's almost the same product as Artdeco (BeYu is the second brand of Artdeco's manufacturer, I guess), but it's more creamy, so it's very simple putting it on the lids. And the side benefit - it's in the tube, so it doesn't get dry and you can use the all product. It's my HG, I do not make a MU without this stuff
yes.gif

04c006f178.jpg

BeYu :: Eye Base ::

Spatzchen

P.S. I have also tried MAC Prep&Prime base and I don't like its "mousse" texture and it doesn't stay as long as Artdeco or Beyu
th_dunno.gif

pepe

cool cool, I have been using artdeco eyeshadow base for about 2 months now and I use them under pigments. The pigments are very vibrant and seem even more shimmery than the pigment itself since the base is a tad bit pearly ( very little but still). The only downfall is that my lids are a bit scaly after using it, but it may be the bad eye make up remover, I dunno. I cannot truly say what has caused this.

Jade1012

Much to my dismay they don't sell this in the US.... However I managed to get my hands on a package of this (Artdecco) and I have to say I am very , very impressed. Just as good as UDPP but with a nice smell and a little shimmer. I really really hope that the company will sell this in the US. I liked the price and it makes my e/s and piggies POP!

saba furqan

hey there , well truely speaking i'm in love with artdeco's eye shadows ( mineral onz ) and mineral lipsticks .......they are just super awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts