As a MAC artist what foundation do you use for weddings? rop

heatherbear03

Ok, I just started working at a Macy's MAC counter...I had someone come in to have a trial run done for their wedding....my manager said I could use any foundation but Studio fix....but I thought anything with SPF wasn't good for photos? What do all of you, MAC artists, use on their wedding clients?

Thanks in advance!
winks.gif

erine1881

hey girl! when are you coming to visit the fort? lol

she was right. you can use anything but studio fix. SFF is fine, just not the other. it photographs a few shades lighter, so everyone looks ghostly.

i keep seeing people posting that about SPF, but they're wrong. otherwise brides would be screwed with our foundations since they all have SPF (with the exception of studio tech and fix). just avoid studio fix and you'll be fine.

s0damnbeautiful

I am NOT a make up artist, but since you only got one response I thought I'd answer lol. I went to MAC on my bday, and my favorite MA decided to give me a makeover for my bday night. I usually use SFF, but she said that since I'd be taking a lot of photos she was using Studio Tech. She said that alot of foundations contain talc (? i THINK thats what she said it was) that reflects light and doesn't photograph well, and Studio Tech was the best as far as pictures went. I don't know if this helps
smiles.gif
Hope it does!

DirtyPlum

Interesting... what other foundations do u guys recommend and what powder would u use to set? something like select sheer loose or just the pro invisible powder??

what do u all think of Bobbi B and anyone use Charles Fox/Smashbox for weddings??

Kiseki

For Weddings? I recommend MUFE Face & Body, Mat Velvet, Lift Foundation, they are a dream to work with, great color selection and photograph divinely.

I also did makeup for a wedding with Dior Airflash foundation (I don't recommend using it on a bride with oily skin), but mostly I always have MUFE in my kit.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
For Weddings? I recommend MUFE Face & Body, Mat Velvet, Lift Foundation, they are a dream to work with, great color selection and photograph divinely.

Thanks. Why do u use MUFE F&B and not MAC F&B? Just curious. Never used MUFE but really want to try it out. Its really difficult to get hold of here in UK.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
Interesting... what other foundations do u guys recommend and what powder would u use to set? something like select sheer loose or just the pro invisible powder??

select sheer, blot, or MSFN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
hey girl! when are you coming to visit the fort? lol

she was right. you can use anything but studio fix. SFF is fine, just not the other. it photographs a few shades lighter, so everyone looks ghostly.

i keep seeing people posting that about SPF, but they're wrong. otherwise brides would be screwed with our foundations since they all have SPF (with the exception of studio tech and fix). just avoid studio fix and you'll be fine.

Hi does this mean that studio Fix Fluid is fine, just not the compact powder based studio fix? Thanks

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
Thanks. Why do u use MUFE F&B and not MAC F&B? Just curious. Never used MUFE but really want to try it out. Its really difficult to get hold of here in UK.

I think the quality in MUFE foundations is far superior to MAC's. I also prefer the colors in MUFE foundations which are truer to life. MUFE F&B is also water resistant and not as runny, it has a gel consistency.

Definitely give MUFE a chance, you won't regret it.

addictedtomac85

I found with post while research foundations for weddings, and I just havfe no questions.

Ok this might be a stupid question but is the only reason that MUA's don't recommend Studio Fix powder because it photographs lighter in flash photography?
Does this mean that it would be ok for an outside wedding where there won't be any flash photography used?

I do love my Studio Fix powder. I have been using it FOREVER. I am going to try out some other foundations too, but it would be nice to know that I could fall back on my Studio Fix if I need to.

Any advice would be muchly appreciated. Thanks
smiles.gif

Ruby_Woo

Honestly, on the day that is suppose to be super special I would just stay away from Studio Fix, period. You can use it all year round, for the rest of your life, just not that day.

It has a lot of Titanium dioxide which is the white pigment that reflects back.

I would just invest in a good foundation for that day.

What I do for the brides is studio tech, but I use a foundation thinner so its not super thick. Or I do MAC's F&B w/ sheer pressed.

HTH.