ashy foundation..help!

xoleaxo

i'm using Select SPF15 in NW25 and it ends up looking a little ashy/light until i wear it for a few hours and it settles (or maybe just wears away..i dunno lol).

i'm thinking it could be a number of things.. i'm outdoors a lot so maybe i just need to go NW30 to be consistent with my tan?

ORRR could i be an NC instead? i looked at the veins on the inside of my wrists and they are more green than blue.

i'm not sure because the first time i was matched with NW25, i thought it looked funny and brought it back, but a different MA reassured me it was the right shade. mac is notorious for it's horrible lighting, though..

what do you all think? i think i might make the out-of-the-way trip to the MAC that has some natural lighting to get their opinions.

kelcia

Erm. that's what happened to me. I use to wear NC 40 and then I realized.. wait a second.. i look a bit too white.
that's when my mom went and got me NC 42 (I wasn't there to be matched either times.. but my mom and I are the same skin color)
So yeah. I just got a darker shade. Cause like you said outside all the time =tan
Erm another culprit COULD be that you're putting on too much? I used to do that and started looking orange.. I find that a good moisturizer helps for some reason..

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelcia
Erm. that's what happened to me. I use to wear NC 40 and then I realized.. wait a second.. i look a bit too white.
that's when my mom went and got me NC 42 (I wasn't there to be matched either times.. but my mom and I are the same skin color)
So yeah. I just got a darker shade. Cause like you said outside all the time =tan
Erm another culprit COULD be that you're putting on too much? I used to do that and started looking orange.. I find that a good moisturizer helps for some reason..

yea, i think one shade up will do it. i don't put on much, i only use one pump per application to make it as sheer/light as possible but still have the right amount of coverage.

thanks for your advice!
smiles.gif

Latest posts