at least they respond in less than 24 hours

mima

Here is my message to customer service.

Why are Canadian customers not included in the free shipping offers for online orders? MAC used to be a Canadian company. I am an avid MAC collector and I buy from every collection. I am in Ottawa which only has 1 MAC store and since Couture was a store-only collection I can't buy red #5 lipstick because it is sold out at the store and not available at the Bay MAC counters. But I don't want to pay $7.50 shipping for a single lipstick! Please let Canadians enjoy free shipping for the holiday season!

their response:

Hello Shamima:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M7A7C Cosmetics Online.

Regrettably, the Canadian fulfillment facility that processes orders for our Canadian customers does not have the ability to accept Free Ship codes with purchases. Presently, our U.S. fulfillment facility does not ship to Canada due to specific restrictions and costs that would be passed along to our consumers. We appreciate the opportunity to explain that we are working to find a solution so that we may be able to provide our Canadian customers with promotional offers in the future.

It is our intention to enhance your online experience, never to frustrate our valued customers. As a Registered Member at M7A7C Cosmetics Online, you've come to expect premium Customer Service. Our goal is to continue to provide you with the level of service you expect and deserve.

Once again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Please contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Amy
M7A7C Cosmetics
Online Tech

I also filled out a survey from a 3rd party company about the MAC website and was surprised to get a personal response direct from MAC within a few hours -- so they really do read those things.

Dear Valued M7A7C Cosmetics Online Customer:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the M7A7C Cosmetics Online BizRate Survey. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments with us and your email will be forwarded to the appropriate executives for review and consideration. Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback.

We hope you will continue to visit us at M7A7C Cosmetics Online for all of your cosmetics needs. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced slow load time when visiting our site. We hope that you have not been inconvenienced by these site delays. The number of visitors to maccosmetics.com continues to grow and consequently, we continue to upgrade our system to improve its performance.

If you prefer, you can place your order the telephone, rather than online. You may complete your order 24-hours a day by calling the M7A7C Cosmetics Online toll-free number for the USA, which is: 1-800-588-0070 or the M7A7C Cosmetics Online toll-free phone number for Canada, which is: 1-800-387-6707 and is available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm and Fridays, from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (Eastern Time).

We also suggest that you clear your temporary internet files, as this may be affecting your navigation of our site. For your convenience, we have included instructions for deleting your temporary internet files in several commonly used browsers below.

Internet Explorer
1) Click on the Tools menu in Internet Explorer and select Internet Options.
2) Click the Delete Files... button.
3) In the new window, check the "Delete all offline content" checkbox.
4) Click on the OK button.

Internet Explorer for Mac
1) Click on the Edit menu in Internet Explorer and select Preferences.
2) In the new window, click on the Web Browser menu.
3) In the Web Browser menu, select Advanced.
4) Click on the Empty Now button.

Netscape
1) Click Edit and select Preferences on the Netscape menu bar.
2) Click Advanced.
3) Click Cache.
4) Click Clear Memory Cache.
5) Click Clear Disk Cache.

Safari
1) Click on the Safari menu and and select Empty Cache.
2) In the new window, click the Empty button.

Firefox
1) Click on the Tools menu in Firefox and select Options.
2) In the new window, select the Privacy icon.
3) On the Privacy screen, Select Cache and click the Clear button.

Opera
1) Click on the File menu in Opera and select Preferences.
2) In the new window, select History and Cache.
3) In the new window, click on the Empty Now button.

We hope that you will continue to use and enjoy M7A7C products and online services. Don't forget that our site is updated at the beginning of every month with new features, new products, and more. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Happy Holidays,

Thea
M7A7C Cosmetics Online
BizRate

If you have not signed up and would like to have makeup looks and ideas delivered to your inbox, sign up for email with tips from M7A7C Cosmetics, alerts to new products and special shopping offers for Registered Members.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the website but it often takes a very long time to load. Today I had to try to load it (typing in website address and hitting refresh) seven times before it worked

hnich

That's a good point about MAC being a (now-former) Canadian company, and now we don't even get the same benefits as American consumers

tinagrzela

I totally agree you guys!! I'm about 3 hours from Toronto, so let's say that I do 99% of my shopping off the site, and that damn shipping kills me!!!

girlstar

I agree as well. They should do something for us to make it beneficial to buy off of the website, like if we spend over $100, we get a free lipglass.. or SOMETHING like that!! I mean, come on.. I get tons of free stuff from Lush all the time and it's not hurting their sales any!

rouquinne

considering how much of the stuff is still made near Markham and it's duty free in Canada, i couldn't agree more!

bruinshorty

I don't even know if they're doing free shipping in the US for the collections anymore. I got the email for the icon collection and there was no code. We still get free shipping on $55+ or the valentines pick stuff.

That sucks that you guys don't get it. Her explanation is weird...they don't have the ABILITY to? Huh? Can't they just remove the shipping charges when you check out? It's probably more complicated than that, but still
th_remoteImage-61.gif

claresauntie

Hey, sorry for your experience. That's terrible that you are so screwed on shipping in Canada.
ssad.gif

What email address did you send your request to? I ask, because I sent the same 2 questions to an address given to me by MAC Chat, and got no reply. So I sent it again... and still got no reply. I am a bit pissed.

*jen

jillianjiggs

wooo fellow ottawa..person. (ottawain didnt look right? lol)

youre lucky you got a response, i complained to mac a few weeks ago about something and i still havent recieved a reply.

Latest posts