at mac have you ever...

mel0622

broken something?? lol. this happened to me today. i was looking at a blush and i turned it over to look at the name and the pan just popped out! i felt so bad...its like 'ahhh i killed it!'

i know you ladies have lots of other stories too lets share!!

AlliSwan

Oh no! You're banned for life! j/k hahaha...I'm sure it happens a lot!

...I ALMOST broke stuff (like three times within ten minutes at my counter) but thankfully they know me well and didn't elbow me away from the displays. I then kept my hands to myself and just told them what items I wanted for the day!

iiifugaziii

man that happens all the time. no worries! I do it all the time when i'm working too. we have lots of testers in the back. easily replaceable!
smiles.gif

afterglow

I've dropped a bunch of things, but I've never actually broekn anything, phew. That's good to hear that it's not a big deal though, and that it's easily replaceable!

beebeegun

So embarrassing...I knocked down the beaker (holding lipglasses, etc) - It broke in 100 thousand pieces and I spilled alcohol all over the place. Thank God I sorta knew the MA there!!!

asnbrb

I haven't personally broken anything, but I've seen someone shatter Naked You and at the freestanding store, two MA's were moving things around (corporate seemed to be there) and when they moved the pigment stand, almost everything fell and was rolling around the place. Luckily, all of them were closed good, cause I would've hated to see that mess.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, eyeshadow fell on the floor and broke all over. I really find the display not customer friendly when there are several people trying to look/test. I apologized profusely (??) and they said don't worry about it. I ended up leaving quickly after that due to utter embarassment.

PhonyBaloney500

I broke a skinfinish once!

{Runs away}

It was right after reading a thread about people fixing them so I figured it would be OK lol! The MA was nice about it thankfully and I bought stuff!
winks.gif

HOTasFCUK

I hate their displays!!! I always drop eyeshadows and i can never slip them back into their spots! They need to come up with something better. Even the stands that hold all the lipglasses.....it bugs me....you gotta snap it out then snap it back into place. I think they make it that way on purpose so when your trying pull something out, a MA can see and rush over "to assist" you & make a sale lol BUT thankfully i haven't broke anythng yet.....YET!!!

jenjunsan

I haven't broken any products, but came dangerously close to giving a snotty MA a broken nose one time....does that count? ....LOL Luckily, I have found my beautiful MA that I have now....no broken noses in my future!...well, not at MAC anyway...Just kidding!

ben

i've also dropped a few things while in the store and never broken anything. i've also dropped a few things at home, including a msf and thankfully broken nothing!

i hope that i just did not jinx myself!

ledonatella

I broke my Say Yeah and Living Pink shadows because I bumped them and they fell off my counter, and my WHim shadow the dome part is completly seperated from the rest of it.

macchicaboom

I never broke anything at MAC, but once at Sephora, I was looking at a Too Faced Mini Quickie Chronicle and when I tried to put it back, it slid right off the display and broke into a bunch of pieces- right in front of the manager who had just come to see if I needed any help. But, in my defense, they put it in an old "slot" which wasn't meant for the mini quickie chronicle. =P

jeannette

I can be very clumsy so when I'm at makeup counters (then again, I'm always at MAC! LOL) I try to be extra careful. I prefer to play around with the testers when the MAs are at the other side of the counter. :p I always feel a little nervous when people are around because I'm like a bull in a China shop!

a_parting_gift

I've not broken anything, but I was there when a couple girls broke a nailpolish. It was a really loud crash and me + the MA were on the other side of the counter, and we walked around and saw it. I don't think the girls even hung around. lol

aerials

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Even the stands that hold all the lipglasses.....it bugs me....you gotta snap it out then snap it back into place.

I agree with the lip product stands... they make me so paranoid that I'll tip them over because they feel like they're going to fall at any second. It's like a Jenga tower!

Fortunately, I haven't broken anything yet... but it's bound to happen sooner or later. 8)

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerials
I agree with the lip product stands... they make me so paranoid that I'll tip them over because they feel like they're going to fall at any second. It's like a Jenga tower!

i agree 100%!! lol. they're kinda wobbly.

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjunsan
I haven't broken any products, but came dangerously close to giving a snotty MA a broken nose one time....does that count? ....LOL Luckily, I have found my beautiful MA that I have now....no broken noses in my future!...well, not at MAC anyway...Just kidding!

what happened?!? you almost broke her nose?? not on purpose right?? lol.