attemping a pin-up-ish look..kinda

vica

im soo not used to wearing bright lips ..but all these pin up looks ive been seeing alot on specktra lately has made me want to get in on it!! i tried to recreate it, but its not making me happy because i dont know what im supposed to be doing lol. my look looks more like a classic look than pinup. i think people who have strong features ( like eyes and cheekbones) can pull it off . or maybe its my eyeliner haha..idk.. and i dont own a red lipstick but this pinkish-red pro longwear is good enough until i get used to it
smiles.gif

eyes:
espresso es for the brows
charcoal brown es
brule es
ud zero
ardell lashes

face:
fleur power blush
coppertone blush
sff nc 40
laura mercier concealer medium
loose powder

lips:
chapstick !
smiles.gif

soar lipliner
stuck on you pro longwear lipcolor

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

blackeneddove

Your skin is beautiful, it looks like it's glowing! And I think you can pull off an even bolder lipcolor than that
smiles.gif

primor2

i love it it look super classy! your skin looks really great and i love how your hair is cut and you have such beautiful hair color

vica

thank you all for the comments on my skin! lol.... i think its the flash on my camera tho because under all that foundation, i have some acne and lots of old spots from it on my cheeks next to my sideburns... haha. Oh! i want to find a good matte red for my skintone...any suggestions? i like the deep color of russian red...
smiles.gif

olddcassettes

oh, and definitely try russian red! its my favorite. i think with the right eye makeup, almost anyone can pull it off

vica

cool! ive been having my eye on russian red for a while but now i have an excuse for myself to get it...NOW!! haha

....and ive been wanting to "thanks" button everyone who posted a reply on my thread but the "thanks" button doesnt show up anymore..
ssad.gif

primor2

yes get russian red!!! if i was confortable with reds i would get it but my sister has it and i tried and i loveeeeeedd it but like i said i dont feel to comfortable wearings reds lol

cupcake_x

You are so gorgeous. I think you pull this look off so well. I especially love the eyes on you, the neutrals look nice.

I agree, definitely get Russian Red. It's a fabulous matte color that I personally think is universally flattering.

BTW- Thanks button unfortunately doesn't show up replies.

vica

thank you for all the nice comments
smiles.gif

i wore this look to my saks interview today and felt hella confident for some reason. im usually shy and they probably thought i was at the interview, but I didnt think so!!..now i understand the magical powers of red lipstick..HAHaha