Attending a Hello Kitty event at your MAC counter/store?

candicenoelle

OMG! My experience was just sooo not fun. I had an 8:00 appointment and I got there at about 7:30. There were approximately 100 people in line ahead of me plus maybe another 100 in the store. I waited in line until almost 9:00 just to get inside the store. There was practically no room to even look at the collection since the store was filled to the brim of people. I said "f this. i don't need to look at it" so I filled out my shopping list, gave it to a runner and headed to the line to pay. Stood in line for nearly 2 hours before I got up to the register. Got out at about 11:00. Must say tho that the waiters were hot at my location! At least I got some manly eye candy! LOL!

It was my first time going to a launch event - and I was expecting it to be a little bit less chaotic. Is it always like this at launch events or is it because it's such a desireable collection? I was hoping that I'd get to take a look at the collection but with so many people grabbing at it, I just didn't want to take the time to fight my way through the crowd.

I love the pieces that I purchased (Both beauty powders, both blushes & the brush set. Did not like any of the eyeshadows and I'm not a big lippie gal) but that was just a madhouse! Ugh!

Krasevayadancer

I have already posted my pics and review in the forums and on my blog, but I will add a couple more details.

It goes without saying that the place was absolutely packed. It was almost impossible to get next to the display. Me, im a ninja so I somehow managed
winks.gif

Hot waiters were walking around passing out finger sandwiches (tuna and smoked salmon of course), bow shaped cookies, and pink lemonades with and without alcohol. 2 Daniels roamed the store, one in the front, one in the back and balloons were everywhere.

I definitely enjoyed everything about this collection, and while I didn't pick up anything yesterday, I have every intention of doing some damage at my usual freestanding store on Thursday. Besides, gotta save something for the other HK events I am going to
winks.gif

Some more pics:

HelloKittyEventSoho2309051800x600.jpg

HelloKittyEventSoho2309053800x600.jpg

HelloKittyEventSoho2309054800x600.jpg

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I have already posted my pics and review in the forums and on my blog, but I will add a couple more details.

Adina, I haven't seen an entry from you on the blog. Did you mean the Specktra blog or your personal blog?

Krasevayadancer

Janice, I just started a personal blog. If you want, I would love to reproduce it for specktra. You can use all of my pics too
smiles.gif

mslips

Hey lovelies! I just wanted to share my super fun night I had last night at the pro store here in Lincoln Park...let me just say it was freakin PACKED. There was no walking distance in the store whatsoever and when me and my friend got there there was a longass line waiting out in the cold! I already saw Azia waiting in line! Basically whenever 5 people left the store, 5 more can fit in..talk about claustrophobia. Note that I live in Chicago, it was like below zero blustery winds and freezing that I couldn’t feel my hands anymore!

Here’s a few pics from waiting in line outside!

Notice "Daniel" the half naked model with the big Hello Kitty costume on! So cute! lol

MacHKProEvent092.jpg

MacHKProEvent093.jpg

Veronica, Me, and Azia

MacHKProEvent09.jpg

A pic with the lovely HK model Daniel
winks.gif

MacHKProEvent095.jpg

I love Konstantine and his work and I wanted a pic with him =)

MacHKProEvent096.jpg

Daniel tattooing Vero

MacHKProEvent097.jpg

MelodyKat and me =) (she's so sweet!)

MacHKProEvent098.jpg

my Haul: I wanted Too Dolly, but they sold out dangit so i bought more pigments something I did get a discount on =)

BehHKSwatches.jpg

I’m just gunna have to get more stuff on the 12th since they ran out of stuff and it was too crowded to hog time in front of the promos lol

I have to say I had soo much fun! The cute server boys were serving Hello Kitty frosted brownies, i had about 3 of those man they were good. I was going to snatch a drink, but they check your age ech..few more months til im 21! Everyone was so polite and kind. =) I'm not a fan of large large crowds but makeup distracted me. Imagine doin this in the super hot weather eek! But yea, it was awesome and I would do it again!

LostinBubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I am not sure how to post to the specktra blog. Somebody help?!

At the top of the page is a link that says "Contribute" and it gives the option to post a blog.

There is space for you to upload one image with your entry or you can use HTML tags.

After I posted mine, it took a little while to actually post, but it indeed did.

Hope that helps
smiles.gif

i_love_mac

My experience was HORRIBLE because I had at set time to come which was 8:30 and I got there 8:40 and there was a huge line. Mac at South Coast Plaza let everyone and their mama in and I waited MORE THAN 2.5 hours. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MY RSVP? WTF I WAS SO PISSED AND SHIT WAS SOLD OUT LIKE THE BRACELET AND SUCH THE REAL VIP STUFF....GRRR...AND LITERALLY I WAS LAST OUT OF THE STORE AND I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AND LEFT AT 11:25.

SO BASICALLY I COULD HAVE JUST WAITED ON THURSDAY AND BUY THE REGULAR STUFF....EHH I THOUGHT I FELT SPECIAL BUT APPARENTLY NOT.

SORRY FOR MY RANT

.Heavenly.

I didn't see this until today, but I don't post much. But I went the HK event on the 3rd at the MAC at West Edmonton Mall.
It was insane. It was my first MAC event. The line was crazy, atleast 50 people ahead of me and the store was packed.
Once we got in we couldn't move really. It's winter so of course everyone has huge jackets on, and GIANT purses so that didn't help.
There were pink drinks EVERYWHERE. I guess they wern't that good because they all looked like they had one sip and were left on the nearest open spot.
I had to wait in a line, in the store, to look at the products. Then stand in line for a runner, then stand in line to pay. It was a day of lines!
They ran out of balloons before i got one, which was a bummer, but no big loss.

all in all I got what I wanted. I didn't expect it to be anything more than it was. I just wish it wasn't so crowded.

theperfectqueen

I went to the HK event at the MAC Pro Store in San Francisco. I got there at 6:00pm (my appointment was for 7:00pm). I was the first one in line so when they opened the doors, I immediately walked over to the display and swatched everything. I had my "want" list ready within 15 minutes so I headed to the counter, placed my order, and waited 5 minutes in line to pay for everything. It took about 30 minutes from the time I entered the store to check out. I'm glad I checked out early because the line was crazy when I left!! I was surprised at the turnout though. The store was packed but there was never more then about 50 people in line outside. I thought that there would have been way more people at the SF store.

I purchased a ton of stuff but about 50% of it is going back this week. Some of the lipglasses are very sheer and a few of the lipstick just don't work for me
thmbdn.gif
. I will also be returning 1 blush and 1 beauty powder because they don't show up on my skin.

All in all it was a good experience. I'm sorry that some of you had trouble with large crowds and huge lines.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_mac
My experience was HORRIBLE because I had at set time to come which was 8:30 and I got there 8:40 and there was a huge line. Mac at South Coast Plaza let everyone and their mama in and I waited MORE THAN 2.5 hours. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MY RSVP? WTF I WAS SO PISSED AND SHIT WAS SOLD OUT LIKE THE BRACELET AND SUCH THE REAL VIP STUFF....GRRR...AND LITERALLY I WAS LAST OUT OF THE STORE AND I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AND LEFT AT 11:25.

SO BASICALLY I COULD HAVE JUST WAITED ON THURSDAY AND BUY THE REGULAR STUFF....EHH I THOUGHT I FELT SPECIAL BUT APPARENTLY NOT.

SORRY FOR MY RANT

The point of the RSVP is the keep track of how many people to expect. Everyone was let it in and the store stayed open extra late so everyone could shop.

Ofcourse the VIP stuff sold out, I mean specially if you're on a site like this, you KNOW how big this is expected to be. 500 RSVP'd around 800 showed up. 40% of entire stock sold in only 3 hours.

I think its unfair for people to say that "we let everyone and their mama's in" it was according to what time you arrived, and the people who had RSVPd for 7 got there at 6pm and most still got out by 8:30pm.

It was crazy! But they are going to try and get more stock in. TRY being key word, as its limited, usually more shipments aren't made.

I hope they make an exception.

I have to defend my store, because people are quick to judge without knowing the whole "behind the scenes".

Bloomingdales at SCP will have an industry level event so you can go to that.. that might be a bit more organized, as we now know the level of madness Hello Kitty is causing!

Best of luck!

MAC*Duck*

my stores event isnt until next week, 2/26, which is my birthday, so it works out perfectly!!

I am really excited as my MUA took me into the back last week just to show me everything, and they had alot of stuff already set up, so exciting! happy birthday to me!

amber_j

^I'm also going to an event on 26 Feb! Really looking forward to it, but planning to start queuing an hour in advance given everyone's experiences so far.