ATTN ALL skin tones!:) I need your help! What do you use for . . . rop :)

Makeupluvr

a neutral contour/blush/highlight and neutral lip. I am going to be working on a dance performance involving a range of skin tones and I figured the best place to find out what works for everyone is here! So, if you could tell me the contour/blush/highlight combo that looks best on you and what you use for a neutral lip I would LOVE it! For the contour/blush/highlight I am looking for matte finish only. Also, since these are things the girls will need to buy, I am only looking for permanent colors. If you use e/s for any of these that is ok too (for example, maybe bisque e/s as a cheek highlighter). Also, whatever you use for a white or gold highlight for eyes, looking for frost on this. Please include your coloring as well and what foundation you use and what brush you use to apply your foundation. Oh, and your skin type (normal, dry, oily, combo).

For example:

I am NC15-NC20. I use SFF in NC15 with the 109 brush ( L O V E this method!)
I usually use a frosty highlighter but for this I would say Cheek/Margin/Strada
for lips, Subculture to line and either Hug Me, High Tea, Blankety, etc.

Pro color recs welcome too.

This is what I already have decided on (scale is from lighter - darker):

Face
Blush – Mocha, Buff, Prism, Coppertone (Desert Rose to add depth for some ppl)
Contour - Strada, Blunt, Harmony, Raizin, Coppertone, Reed
Highlight – Cheek, Bisque (e/s), Bamboo (e/s), Soft Brown (e/s)

Eyes
Base – Neutral paint (bare canvas, untitled, sublime nature, architecture)
Highlight – White pigment or Nylon e/s
Contour – Embark (this will be used on everyone regardless of skin tone)
Liner – Smolder (everyone)

Lips
Liner – subculture, oak, cork, coffee e/l
Lipstick – (luster) High Tea, Hug Me, Fresh Brew, Honeyflower,
Sheer Plum
(amplified crème) blankety, underplay, double shot

White highlight: White pigment
Gold highlight: nylon e/s for a light gold (with base light paint as a base) and goldmine e/s for a deeper gold (with baselight or corn shadestick as a base).

Please let me know what you think of my choices
smiles.gif

Input from you lovely darker ladies is MOST appreciated! Especially NC/NW 45's - 55's.

Thanks SO much for the help!

litlaur

My favorite nude lipstick is Honeylove, a matte. It's a little darker and warmer than Blankety. I line with Subculture or Spice.

Oh, and I'm NC25-30. I mix foundation colors most of the time, and I swear by MSF for highlight, so I'm no help there!

giz2000

You have the color ranges pretty well planned out...I would suggest considering Whirl (more pink neutral) and Hover (more peachy neutral )lipliners for the lighter toned gals...good job!

sexypuma

i am nc45/c7 and for a neutral look i use
lids: improper copper ccb
highlight: shooting star (sorry)
cheeks: improper copper + sunbasque or gingerly
lips: chestnut+ viva glam v

HTH

oddinary

I am C3/NC25-30. I'm Chinese.
I use either Lilicent blushcreme (peach) or Porcelain Pink MSF for a nice pink glow. Hug Me Lipstick on the lips or Prrr/Cultured Lipglass would be pretty!

If anything - Chinese people look better with peach blush than pink.

princessOfpOi

I'm an NW15 and I typically use Lovedust lipstick, Frost or Frozen White pigment on my cheeks, and Shroom on my lids, with Gesso to highlight...Hope that was of some use to you..

Latest posts