ATTN specktra members w/chest tattoos

Eye<3Colour

Can you guys/girls give me a little detail on the pain factor on the chest/collar bone area? Im getting some work done next saturday, and of course im getting sooooo nervous. i dont handle pain very well lol, but some how always end up causing pain to myself. i know everyones pain level is diff, but some stories would help me on what to expect.
smiles.gif
my lower back hurt like he!!, but the guy was heavy handed, and im hoping that was the majority of the pain. my tummy tickled and my ankle almost made me throw up. lol. so please any experiences would be much appreciated!!! TIA

metalkitty

Good thing you made this topic because I was wondering the same thing since I'm going to get a chest tattoo soon also. Is it okay to medicate yourself before hand with anything or is that a no- no, because I need to know...

Eye<3Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty
Good thing you made this topic because I was wondering the same thing since I'm going to get a chest tattoo soon also. Is it okay to medicate yourself before hand with anything or is that a no- no, because I need to know...

hello anybody? i know we got some girls on here w/them. please help us out!!
winks.gif

i medicated myself w/vicodin for the fill in on my back, and i dont know if it helped or not, but it didnt hurt much, cept when it got the sides of my back. but i know its prob a no no, but i will prob take one for the outline saturday!!! also, i heard its ok to take tylenol, but not ibprofin or asprin.
smiles.gif

moonrevel

I have one on my chest between my girly organs, and I won't lie, it hurt. However, I found that much of the pain came from being able to look at it while she was working on it. My other tattoos are on my back, so I couldn't watch while she was doing them, but on my chest it was kind of like, "Hey, she's repeatedly sticking a needle with ink in it into my skin. That's kind of weird."

First, I recommend doing NO self medicating before hand, or at least no asprin or booze, because those are blood thinners and will make you bleed more, thus screwing up the tattoo (and if you take something that makes you obviously out of it, they might refuse to tattoo you until you are "sobered" up!). I suggest just trying to lean back in the chair and relax as much as possible, and don't make the mistake I did of having a nice big coffee before going in because it made me really sweaty and jumpy. Honestly, it hurt the most when I looked down at what was going on, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone does have a different tolerance for pain, and mine's pretty high, but I wanted to cry just the teensiest bit when she was working on the part right between my breasts on the bone. But, like I said, I think the key is to relax and try not to look as much as possible.
smiles.gif

nphernetton

any tattoo that is directly on a bone is going to hurt a lot more than one that isn't. Sooo...a tat on a collar bone or sternum will hurt a bit, maybe a lot if you are like me and are a total wuss LOL (I have NO pain tollerance). Example, though, my bf is a tough guy...has a half sleeve and a few other tats...he was getting the sleeve worked on and was fine and dandy the entire time, until they got up on his shoulder right at the tip of his collar bone, he cringed a bit

Latest posts