authencity check please~

mmitsjojo

I purchased BRIGHT FUCHSIA pigment on specktra from a member. I checked the threads regarding fake pigments and from what I see it says that fake pigments have a scotch-like sticker on the bottom of the pigment, and that the cap is a shiny black color. I'm confused whether or not this pigment is fake so I was wondering if you'd be able to help me with this. The pigment did not come with a box so I only have a picture of the jar. If more pictures are needed, please do let me know. Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

MAC_Whore

I have this pigment. I really can't tell you how close the colour is to mine in regards to the pigment or the lid, as monitors vary so much. The sticker on the bottom looks just like mine though.

Did you ask the seller if they bought it from MAC pro directly or if they bought it after market (i.e. ebay, etc)?

*puts on my Mod hat* Also, just a friendly reminder to not bring up the seller's name in this post. Thanks.

mmitsjojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I have this pigment. I really can't tell you how close the colour is to mine in regards to the pigment or the lid, as monitors vary so much. The sticker on the bottom looks just like mine though.

Did you ask the seller if they bought it from MAC pro directly or if they bought it after market (i.e. ebay, etc)?

*puts on my Mod hat* Also, just a friendly reminder to not bring up the seller's name in this post. Thanks.

I will refrain from posting the seller's name in this post =)

She told me that she bought it from someone else who's a MUA who purchased it at a pro store I believe, so i'm not quite sure.

User38

looks ok to me too.... although I don't have that many pigments in my stash -- just the more common ones.

panda0410

this one is a fake... sorry, look carefully at the base of the jar and you'll see the problem

MAC_Whore

Wow, I really need to post some pics of my pigments.

I have most every pigment ever made and they were purchased over a good span of time. Each and every one I personally bought from either a MAC counter, MAC store or MAC pro. NONE of my pigments were bought second market and there are so many different label styles within my collection. Some fit in to the above example and some don't, but again, I bought each one from a legitimate MAC retail point.

panda0410

The text alignement definitely varied over time, pre 2006 were all centrally aligned EXCEPT the pro colours, mostly which were mattes that had the left alignment before that time, though some of the frosts did too. The space and font issues juicy415 posted are consistent with fakes and definitely the base jar insignia is a hallmark ONLY seen in counterfeit pigments, I didnt need to look at back to know this one was a fake, but she is right as well
winks.gif
The lid is also dodgy, its shiny unlike real lids, no two ways this one is counterfeit
ssad.gif

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The text alignement definitely varied over time, pre 2006 were all centrally aligned EXCEPT the pro colours, mostly which were mattes that had the left alignment before that time, though some of the frosts did too. The space and font issues juicy415 posted are consistent with fakes and definitely the base jar insignia is a hallmark ONLY seen in counterfeit pigments, I didnt need to look at back to know this one was a fake, but she is right as well
winks.gif
The lid is also dodgy, its shiny unlike real lids, no two ways this one is counterfeit
ssad.gif

Many thanks to you and juicy415 because my friend has the same kind of bottle with those spaces and batch sticker for Bright Fuchsia. Her Teal bottle is the same way. I hate being the bearer of bad news for real because I thought Teal was off but had no clue about her Fuchsia since I don't own it...I freaking hate fakers.

girloflowers

i have bright fuschia too and it looks totally different from all of the pics in this thread!! mine has a clear sticker on the bottom (not foggy) and the text is centred... maybe australian pigments are different somehow? i bought it from an aussie seller, i think... i've had no adverse reactions to it, so i think it should be ok, and i trust the seller but this has confused me

jens7lil1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
this one is a fake... sorry, look carefully at the base of the jar and you'll see the problem

Quick ? Is it the dots onthe base of the jar??? I can't see what you see. It would be great help for me to know.

Thanks a ton,

smiles.gif
Jen