Authentic (or not) Pink Opal Pigment?

KittehKat

Hi ladies,
I got this Pink Opal p/m from a seller on LJ - I am really not too familiar with them, but this one just doesn't look like other pigments that I own. Please advise me on its authenticity!
Thank you in advance!

The comparison pics are with a 2006 Pink Bronze (also bought from LJ) & 2009 Vanilla (bought direct from maccosmetics.ca)

DSCN1763.jpg

DSCN1765.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

Just Pink Opal...

DSCN1769.jpg

DSCN1770.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg

DSCN1772.jpg

First with no flash, then flash (same with the swatches)

DSCN1773.jpg

DSCN1774.jpg

DSCN1776crop.jpg

DSCN1778crop.jpg

gildedangel

I think that it is a really old pigment, I recognize the difference in font size and letter spacing; I am pretty sure that I have seen pictures of ones like that from before. I think that it is real but I am no piggie expert.

KittehKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredwonder
My first pigment I bought from a user on LJ looked similar and I thought it was a fake as well

I had quite the moment, because I was running to catch a train when I opened the package - totally thought it was a fake! Pretty sure it's not after checking out the threads here and seeing other people's pictures.

KittehKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I think that it is a really old pigment, I recognize the difference in font size and letter spacing; I am pretty sure that I have seen pictures of ones like that from before. I think that it is real but I am no piggie expert.

Thanks
smiles.gif
Yeah, it's from 2005 and it seems they had different fonts & less consistency back then.

panda0410

the jar is right for its age re text and font - but that means nothing with counterfeits these days, they are pretty good at replicating those things now. Also the swatch isnt right for this colour (that I can see and I understand some monitor settings influence this) and I *think* there is a problem with the base of the jar as well - I cant see it well enough to be sure... if you could get a clearer close up of the base I could probably tell you for sure
smiles.gif