Authentic Pigment Jar Differences

Sonya Adams

Sorry if the thread is redundant, but I could not find a thread showing the differences in AUTHENTIC jars (both permanent line and Pro) when I searched.

Could someone PLEASE post info and photos on both regular pigment jars and pro pigment jars. I have a crazy girl on MUA that claims that the authentic MAC Pro Pigment that I sent her is a fake and I'm trying to show her that there are, indeed, differences in the two as she apparently doesn't have any other Pro colors (she claims to have "20 pigments" and the jar I sent her "sticks out like a sore thumb from the label to the info on the back" because she's "watched many videos on utube showing real from fake and how to spot them". LOL

Please help out here, guys... I don't know if she's just a newbie, simply doesn't know, is a possible swaplifter or maybe just a nut, but I really don't need the negative feedback when the only full size pigment jar I've ever purchased elsewhere was Turquoise Matte (which I'd completely forgotten about when I told her that I never bought any pigments other than AT a MAC store or counter). Gah.

jens7lil1s

Oh no, now you too. Search on SWAPTAWK under crosseyedtoad (my user name there) and you will see the pigment jar differences. I went through the same exact thing several months ago. You replied to the thread. YES, the jars are different! Especially if you go with the LE pro pigments like Rocking Orange etc. because not only are their weights differnt but so is the the chalky texture as well......

(((((((((((()))))))))))

panda0410

There are quite a few differences - but these are also directly related to the AGE of the jar - text alignement and font has changed in ALL jars several times over the years!!

Oh and for the record Turquoise Matte - the C11 batch at least - was actually in a GLITTER jar
winks.gif
So yes, things do change.

Sonya Adams

For reference - upon requesting a reversal of the swap, the girl left a negative and self-deleted. What a nut.

The jar, however, was from a Novermber 2004 batch (apparently LONG before she even started purchasing MAC products).