Aww crap...i effed up in an attempt to go blonde

ashk36

I mean, it's not too bad. I actually like the color that most of my hair turned out to be. It's a pretty golden-blonde. Problem is, I missed some spots. I have leopard head. Some spots are still brown, while others are blonde, and others are that golden-blonde color. I had a friend highlight my hair a few weeks ago, and I forgot how much I love my hair when it's blonde, so I decided to attempt to go a little blonder with the rest of it. First mistake: this was my first time ever attempting to dye my own hair without an extra set of hands. I used L'oreal Super Blonde lightener. I didn't realize what a pain in the ass using a bleach on your own head really is, and now I've got a messy looking scalp. Should I just suck it up and shell out the money at a salon to go all BLONDE blonde? Should I attempt to even out the blotchiness with a somewhat darker blonde dye? I knew I shouldn't have even tried, but every girl's gotta have a bad hair mishap at least one time in her life, at her own hands.

Good news though: I work next door to a hair salon. I'm going to go over tomorrow and see what they can do. Just curious if I should bother going lighter all over, or a tad darker...Any input helps!!!

ShortnSassy

i would see if they can weave some highlights and some lowlites in it. that would make it look even AND pretty!

ashk36

thanks! actually i think i'm gonna go kinda cheap with it. there's a salon that's doing something like 7 or 8 foils for $25, might have to swing by there if i get off early enough. it's not THAT bad...it's just the front around my face where it's most noticeable. i think it can be fixed fairly easily.

LMD84

i've never been brave enough to do my hair at home! at least it sounds like and easy fix though. hope it gets sorted asap

ashk36

yyyeah i ended up paying $50 (plus tip) to have them use a frosting cap and just dye the roots. definitely overcharged, but i guess it looks a little better. next time i'm not attempting to do anything crazy to my hair alone. horrible idea.

NeonKitten

i really think you got off cheap. $50 is not to bad when you think of products and the work that goes into corrective color. i'm a cosmetology student and our prices start around $50 most of the salons around my school that hire our graduates start at like $80 and go well into the hundreds

Latest posts