B B Cream for darker skintones?

LatteQueen

god I haven't been on here for ages...if this has already been posted please direct me to that thread thanks..

Does anyone on here know of any BB Creams made for our skintones? I have been reading of how fantastic this product is but I would love to find out for myself..thanks

Copperhead

I recently went to Sephora and got a sample of Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream in the shade Dark. I'd say it should be good for MAC's NC45-55 wearers. I'm NC50 and it's about the shade of most of my foundations. I've only tried it like twice, mainly because I keep forgetting I have it. LOL. It's ok. I don't know if it's something that I HAVE to have though. I need to try it a few more times.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P300339

aradhana

i havent tried it yet, but there's illamasqua's skin base foundation which is supposed to be inspired by bb creams. the range appears to go pretty dark...and on their website there's an 'equivalence chart' for different brands, like mac and nars etc...

aradhana

Taking notes here..another idea

*will head to Sephora to get samples of these products*...

let us know how it goes! i'm quite curious to try a bb cream...unfortunately the sephoras around here don't carry illamasqua....and i'm not quite ready to pay the exchange + duty to order illamasqua from the uk without trying the products out irl...maybe next time i make a trip to the states or something....

DanceLovesMAC

I am very interested in trying the Smashbox BB cream. I'm hoping it can serve as a tinted moisturizer alternative for days when I wanna go easy. The SPF & Oil controlling properties seem very appealing as most tinted moisturizers are just too dewy & are targeted for dryer skin. My only worry is the color match, so believe I'll be getting a sample from sephora before purchasing.

LatteQueen

let us know how it goes! i'm quite curious to try a bb cream...unfortunately the sephoras around here don't carry illamasqua....and i'm not quite ready to pay the exchange + duty to order illamasqua from the uk without trying the products out irl...maybe next time i make a trip to the states or something....

Yeah I will....read so much about this so-called amazing stuff...thanks for the idea of getting this stuff for free from Sephora...

LatteQueen

went to Sephora today and got a sample of Nar's tinted Moisturizer....the SA told me the color suited for me is Polynesian..she put some on the back of my hand , I rubbed it in...Looked really good(almost like a foundation IMO)...I'm going to hit all the closest Sephora's around me to get this color...(meaning samples...lol) Yeah I am cheap,,,this stuff is super expensive,,,I think the price is 42.00.....so yeah hitting those stores to get my stuff..

aradhana

went to Sephora today and got a sample of Nar's tinted Moisturizer....the SA told me the color suited for me is Polynesian..she put some on the back of my hand , I rubbed it in...Looked really good(almost like a foundation IMO)...I'm going to hit all the closest Sephora's around me to get this color...(meaning samples...lol) Yeah I am cheap,,,this stuff is super expensive,,,I think the price is 42.00.....so yeah hitting those stores to get my stuff..
wow $42! yeah, samples are probably a good thing if you can get them.
i was hoping to try that stuff out, but i think with that price tag i'm less certain...
i hope i'll be able to get some samples of my shade when it comes out here!

LatteQueen

I got my sample yeterday and tried it today 2/26/2012 and let me tell ya I LOVE IT..it's the Nars Tinted Moisturizer. It matches perfectly to my skintone. I didn't get to hit the other Sephora stores today but next weekend I sure will...the SA told me it can also be worn under foundation...?? It does make my skin more evened out, not foundationy looking..Just natural as can be...

gonna have to do some major overtime to purchase this item....THANKS NARS

StyleBlack

Anyone NW45 or higher try any they'd recommend? I saw them at Sephora today, and they were all too light for me :-\

sinergy

have you seen the garnier BB Cream it only comes in two shades light/med and med/dark but they blend pretty easy.

danysedai

Estee Lauder has a BB cream in medium that suited my NC45 skintone.
In Nars tinted moisturizer Malaga was a match for me.
And, if you are in Canada try the new Marcelle BB cream in medium/dark (a bit too light but I can use it now in the winter)

Makep Junkie

Garnier bb creams have darker shades than the traditional bb cream shades. I haven't tried it because I only use asian bb cream but I saw on one photo of another user and it looks nice. It makes the skin look dewy and fresh and it evens out the skin tone. Maybe you can check out reviews and swatches to help you decide which one is good to try

Ashleybubbles83

What shade are you? I'm NW50 and Polynesia is recommended for me too.