B2M question about depots and stores/counters still accepting them

michthr

Hi everyone

So I know that MAC is not suppose to accept depots of eyeshadows and blushes for B2M but I've heard of some people still being able to trade in their depots.

Now my local MAC stores around me don't accept them but I'm going to be going down to the states soon and was wondering if anyone knew if any of the VEGAS stores/counters accept depots for B2M? Because if thats the case then I will just bring all my depots to Vegas with me to trade in
tong.gif

Thanks!

fallenang3l211

where did you hear that MAC isn't supposed to accept depots? i've brought in dozens of depots and i've never had a problem. what country do you live in? maybe its the policy in your country. imo, if you bring it to vegas you shouldn't have any problems.

Skin*Deep

it is indeed new-ish (like over a year now) MAC policy to not accept eyeshadow pots without the pans, however some counters/stores have people that don't know, don't care, etc... I don't live in Vegas so I don't know how strict it is at any of the places there... at my counter my people get written up if they take them in.....

obscuria

It really depends on the MA, from my experience. There is a no-depot policy but some MAs don't care while others do even at the same store.

Kragey

Really? That's mildly ridiculous. I still bought the product, whether I've used up the whole pan or not...maybe keeping the pan in is meant to make people B2M less.

fallenang3l211

i can't speak for counters but my pro store in sf as well as another f/s store i go to takes them without pans. most of them disagree with MAC policy anyways, they think the pans shouldn't matter. i'll be taking in some depots in a week or two so i guess i'll find out if the policy changed again..but as of 7/09 until 12/09 (the last time i b2m) i had no issues with depots.

Civies

Best way to find out is call, that's what I did. Use store locator and find stores in Vegas that you'd probably stop by and call and ask. I've heard of a lot of counters/stores not accepted depots but all the ones in Toronto that I've been to all accept them. My MA however did tell me of a new policy that recently was put in place and it's that they will not accept pro pans anymore for B2M. The store nearest to me doesn't so I have to travel downtown to B2M propans.

LMD84

in the uk depots are fine. i even send my depots straight to mac sometimes rather than travelling to a store. so if the mac HO is ok with it then surely all stores should be?

michthr

Thanks for all the input ladies!

I live in Vancouver and from talking with the MA here they don't accept the black pots without the metal pan inside as per company policy.

I think that I'm going to bring them with me anyways and see what happens

I don't think that its really fair that some stores follow this policy and others don't, it makes it a little frustrating when trying to B2M products BUT then again its nice that MAC even offers a program like this so I don't know if I should complain haha