B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Mac-Guy

Depends on the counter, but since some do not accept "special packaging" I don't think they will accept it--but then again it never hurts to try!
They do accept special packaging. You just can't get a special packaging item in exchange for your goodies.

The safest way is to check the outer packaging. There is usually as B2M sign on the inside of the outer packaging. If in doubt or if you have a picky store, just bring the outer packaging with you.

Corally

Depends on the counter, but since some do not accept "special packaging" I don't think they will accept it--but then again it never hurts to try!
They do accept special packaging. You just can't get a special packaging item in exchange for your goodies. The safest way is to check the outer packaging. There is usually as B2M sign on the inside of the outer packaging. If in doubt or if you have a picky store, just bring the outer packaging with you.
Thanks! But that palette is like 4 years old or something, I don't have the packaging anymore. :lol:

JadeAudrey

Hi everyone!
I have a question about the Back 2 MAC program
I skimmed through a couple of the pages on here & I did not get an answer to my question
and I really don't want to go through over 50 pages.
So my question is, can I Back 2 MAC limited edition packaging?
(I currently have some empy e/s pots from the Venomous Villains collection & some other collection.)
Which have been depotted into my palette.
I just want to know before I go so just in case I can't I don't look like an idiot. Lol.
Also, when you recycle 6 things, what am I able to get for free?
Last question, the closest MAC to me is a counter
cry.gif
(Sadly.)
and it is several towns over from me.
Do the counters accept Back 2 MAC?
Thanks!

AllyDVon

Returning my first 6 empties tomorrow! I have so much makeup that I've never run out of anything. I only have empties cause I depotted. Haha

Monidoll4u

Yes you can B2B though but sometime they won't take depotted items ....so find someone nice when you go...:)...
Hi everyone!
I have a question about the Back 2 MAC program
I skimmed through a couple of the pages on here & I did not get an answer to my question
and I really don't want to go through over 50 pages.
So my question is, can I Back 2 MAC limited edition packaging?
(I currently have some empy e/s pots from the Venomous Villains collection & some other collection.)
Which have been depotted into my palette.
I just want to know before I go so just in case I can't I don't look like an idiot. Lol.
Also, when you recycle 6 things, what am I able to get for free?
Last question, the closest MAC to me is a counter
cry.gif
(Sadly.)
and it is several towns over from me.
Do the counters accept Back 2 MAC?
Thanks!

sss215

Yes you can B2B though but sometime they won't take depotted items ....so find someone nice when you go...:)...
Yes, today, my 2 depotted shadows weren't eligible. I didn't even try to debate it. I think I'm pretty much done with back to Mac, too many stipulations for soon to be recycled containers. I don't buy as much MAC as before anyway. Maybe I should save them for a pro store visit. I feel like they would understand why i am submitting a depotted empty more than the freestanding locations Does MAC recycle the items to make new product containers, or do they sell the recycled item to a third party. Just wondering, it's such a hassle sometimes.

MACina

I would like to B2M for the Viva Glam lip bag from Tartan Tale collection (lippie + gloss).
Do I also have to add the bag?

MACina

Thank you, kittenish!

This is good to know because I would really like to keep the bag.I am a collector of these kind of bags,boxes etc.
blush-anim-cl.gif

any secondary packaging usually doesn't count as a b2m item. If I were u I'd keep the bag and just return the lippies

sss215

Can someone tell me if I can b2m for a quad I have depotted?
Is it the old style quad? I depotted one old style quad and took a few other old style empty quads B2M when the new ones came out. I had no problems. The new ones on the other hand, maybe not. I was told palettes are accessories and MAC doesn't take those back. One with the metal pan still in them would be ok. Of course it depends on the MAC store/ counter "rules" Personally I would keep an empty quad and use it for travel. HTH!

becky123

Hi, apologies if this has already been posted. I am from the UK but will be holidaying in NYC this summer. I have been saving my empty mac containers as I thought that you could B2M in the USA for a eyeshadow, lipstick or lip gloss, rather than just a lipstick like here in the UK. I just had a live chat with a UK mac artist and she said that in the USA I would only be able to B2M for a lipstick?
Can any confirm this for me? and if I can B2M for an eyeshadow, which stores will I be able to do that at? Times Square? Thanks in advance!!!

LC Balthazar

Hi, apologies if this has already been posted. I am from the UK but will be holidaying in NYC this summer. I have been saving my empty mac containers as I thought that you could B2M in the USA for a eyeshadow, lipstick or lip gloss, rather than just a lipstick like here in the UK. I just had a live chat with a UK mac artist and she said that in the USA I would only be able to B2M for a lipstick? Can any confirm this for me? and if I can B2M for an eyeshadow, which stores will I be able to do that at? Times Square? Thanks in advance!!!
Yes, you can definitely get an eyeshadow, lip gloss or lipstick with back2mac at a standalone store only. The Mac counters inside department stores will only allow it for a lipstick. Hope you get some goodies in NYC!