Baby pictures

Holly

*If this isn't the right place for this post mods feel free to move it or delete it*

When I was little I never got to see my baby pictures, sisters baby pictures, parents pictures etc. My parents always told me they'd show me another time whenever I asked. Then we moved and I never asked once we did.

Well we had a flood today, and water went through the vents. Leaked into the basement, and into some bins. Apparently the pictures were in the bins, and the water leaked all in them, so it damaged all of the pictures.

My mom was upstairs trying to clean up the water from where the leak was, but once she was done she didn't even help me (She told me that my dad told her she didn't have to help me (wtf?) ). So by myself I had to go through all of the pictures, and throw a lot of them out. I was so upset, I had to go through all these pictures of my childhood, my sisters childhoods, my parents mariage, and toss them away. It was just the most awful feeling ever. I tried to save what I could, but it didn't make up for all the pictures I had to throw out, that I only got to see once.

Just had to vent. I'm TOTALLY bummed out right now.

MsCuppyCakes

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure you'll cherish the ones that weren't ruined that much more.

kaliraksha

Not cool =( I'm also sorry you had to do this, however you should totally cherish and honor the ones you have left... a lot of great photo manipulators can restore old photos and make them look great... great enough for you to maybe frame and really honor this time in life. I think it would be a nice gesture to give a framed one to your parents since they lost all of them too- I'm sure they regret not sharing all of that with you.

If it's any consolation I have a friend who only has one baby picture- that's all they could find and her parents told her they just didn't take many pictures back then =(

~LadyLocks~

Aww I'm really sorry to hear that. My fiance went through something similar. When he was younger his house burnt down with all his baby pictures. Now that he's grown and has a child of his own, he always feels bad that he can't compare them to my daughter's pictures to see what's similar. Not only that, it's always nice to see how you were when you were a baby and re-live childhood expirences. I'm sorry hun
th_hug.gif

..kels*

oh my gosh! that's truly horrible. i'm so sorry that you couldn't save them.
ssad.gif
on the brighter side, you still have the memories associated with your childhood.
th_hug.gif

user79

Wow that must be a terrible feeling. Why didn't your parents want to show you your baby pictures???

Corvs Queen

I have no baby pictures of me either. We (my Grandparents and I) were kicked out of our house and we had to move most of our stuff into a storage garage while we looked for a new place. Things got worse and we didn't have the money to pay the rent on it and everything from my childhood was auctioned off. It happens but you just have to say that they are only materialistic things and move on. I know it's hard but everything happens for a reason. Chin up!

Holly

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'll definitely cherish the ones I could save even more.

MissChevious: My parents never showed me because they never feeled like taking them out to show me, pretty selfish in my opinion, but oh well

Corv's Queen: Im sorry to hear that happened to you
ssad.gif
And I guess you are right that they are only materialistic things

macface

I dont have no baby pictures of me or my sisters and my dad since my mom doesnt want us in her house cause her boyfriend said so.She has all our child hood memories in pictures.It sucks.

Raerae

Look on the brghtside! You'll never have to worry about your Mom breaking out the baby photo's when you bring your boyfriend home for the first time, and showing him pictures of you naked in the tub =p

Latest posts