Baby Shower advice...

Kimberleigh

Hi all! I work in the business office of very large department at a university. My direct supervisor and the lady in charge of HR want to throw me a baby shower that would be work only people (yay!). The dilemma? It's a really big department with a lot of little offices. The ladies want me to come up with a list of people in the department that I want to invite...Obviously, I'm not friends with everybody (in fact, there's a girl on my floor who absolutely has it in for me...she and I were both up for a promotion and I got it), but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Is it better for me to invite everyone in the dept (lady-wise) and let the chips fall as they may, or be selective in the people that I invite?

If the shoe were on the other foot, even if I wasn't particularly friends with someone, I'd still feel slighted if I wasn't invited to something like this.

Thanks!!

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh

If the shoe were on the other foot, even if I wasn't particularly friends with someone, I'd still feel slighted if I wasn't invited to something like this.

I think you answered your own question here
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

i think you should invite her. Theres no reason not to, and it would show her that you're a good person and you're not going to be immature about the situation.

little side note--this girl in my cosmetology class this past year had a baby shower and invited all 8 people in our class, except me. Weirdo! we never even had a problem with eachother lol.

panda0410

It might be the act that mends the "bridge" so to speak to invite her and perhaps start off on a different foot.
On the other hand if you really cant stand her then perhaps it might be best if you didnt, this is your baby shower to enjoy and it might be more pleasant if there was no tension to deal with.

Kimberleigh

I'm mostly going to invite her because I know she won't attend. She and I have mutual "friends" with in the department. If I am walking by and our friend stops me to talk for a second, this chick will walk away without saying anything. I've also had her leave the room when I walk into it.

However, with that being said, we had a dept lunch a few months back. One of my officemates went into her office to find out where we were having the lunch. My officemate asked if she (the girl that doesn't like me) was coming, her response was, "No. I don't like anyone that works here."
lol.gif
So, it's not just me that she has a problem with which is why I'm about 99.99% sure she won't attend.

frocher

Definitely invite her, if she has a tendency to be weird/abrasive, that is all the more reason to take the high ground with her.